Beeper Collar

Yesterday did it, pushed me over the edge. I NEED BEEPER COLLARS! I walked right by my dog on point along the edge of a slough. When I couldn't find the dog I started calling her and finally a rooster flushed about 60 yds. behind me and she came running out. It would have been one more in the bag if she had been wearing a beeper.

As stated in my previous post, I currently have a Dogtra 202NCP Gold two dog collar system. It's about 6 years old and I've never had a problem with it. It's probably the equivalent to the Dogtra 302M today. I have a friend that is interested in buying it from me. What do you guys think would be a fair price to ask??

How much was it new?
$150+? i see used collars like yours on the net for all well over a $100 and if it is still working in good condition i would think around 150 or more would be a good price!
Im with ya on needing a beeper sense i am hunting with my first pointer and not always being able to seem them it sure would be nice to know if they are locked up on a bird so you dont vib them or and i never would if i cant see him shock him!

What's a used collar worth?? And how close a friend...

Caveat emptor...buyer beware! I assume the collar doesn't come with a warranty from you. And if the collar fails, what does that do to your friendship? How bad do you need the cash?

All questions, no real answers. 'Tis the season of giving - maybe the collar could be a gift to your friend in need.

Blessings of the season,

Jon

What's a used collar worth?? And how close a friend...

Caveat emptor...buyer beware! I assume the collar doesn't come with a warranty from you. And if the collar fails, what does that do to your friendship? How bad do you need the cash?

All questions, no real answers. 'Tis the season of giving - maybe the collar could be a gift to your friend in need.

Blessings of the season,

Jon

Sorry Jon, but you are way off base on this one. Obviously there is no warranty on this collar. But should it fail within some reasonable time after he buys it I would make it right with him. We are extremely good friends and this deal (good or bad) would not impact that friendship. He has a lot more money than I do and could easily buy new. I don't need the money that bad either. So back to my original question: What's the collar worth between two very good friends? I want to make him a good deal but not give it away either.

FYI: I did GIVE him my previous one-dog collar.

Zeb:

Understand your point - guess your friend needs to make an offer and you can negotiate from there...can be sticky between friends.

jon

I have a friend that is interested in buying it from me. What do you guys think would be a fair price to ask??

If his name starts with Rick I would charge the heck out of him:cheers:

Otherwise I would go half price of a new one. I would think that would be fair.

If his name starts with Rick I would charge the heck out of him:cheers:

Otherwise I would go half price of a new one. I would think that would be fair.

It's not Rick. It's my buddy from Colorado that is a veterinarian. I might just trade him for some HeartGard and Frontline.

Back