Any musicians on here?

I used to sing and blow harp in the Sixties and Seventies, not much after that. Everything from Rock'n'Roll to Bluegrass, country, swing. The voice is down to a range of two notes.
I do have a copyrited song "Igloo Blues". It's in the SD songwriter's songbook. A popular group, Red Willow Band played it a lot. Chris Gage from the group played with Roy Clark for a couple of years and I was told they may have used it, but I cannot verify that.

I can play the Mayberry RFD introduction with a good can of beans and a 12 pack of beer..:laugh::laugh:

I used to sing and blow harp in the Sixties and Seventies, not much after that. Everything from Rock'n'Roll to Bluegrass, country, swing. The voice is down to a range of two notes.
I do have a copyrited song "Igloo Blues". It's in the SD songwriter's songbook. A popular group, Red Willow Band played it a lot. Chris Gage from the group played with Roy Clark for a couple of years and I was told they may have used it, but I cannot verify that.

So Buck did you ever make it to Nemo when they were doing their thing out there? The fiddle player Kenny Putnam played with Roy Clark for awhile, I did not know that Chris did too. Fond memories, I am glad I lived through it.

Actually, your mind is better than mine. Kenny went first and then Chris. I never made it to Nemo events, but saw them in Sioux Falls/Vermillion areas a lot. Have seen the Nemo video. They played out in Hills area just before Chrismas 2011 per a poster I saw.

Played trumpet in high school but doubt I could blow a good note today. Played taps at all the military funerals. Messed around with the guitar in college and for a number of years after but never was very good. Haven't picked one up in over 30 years. Did a fair amount of singing in years past. Choirs, madrigals, quartets and solos. Now I only sing with the congregation in church and in the shower! :)

Back