9mm

Springfield XDM.:10sign::thumbsup: 19 rounds and you cant kill it. It will spit bullets down range till the earth explodes. Very accurate as well. Match barrel and even a target model with a 5.25" barrel with fiber optic sights. I have the 4.5" and love it. Comes in a great kit with reloader, holster, and extra mag holder for your belt. Fine fine gun for about 4-500.

Taurus PT111 is reliable, XDs & Glocks are reliable, Sigs are great guns. A lot depends on why you want one - general shooting, open-carry, concealed carry, home defense, etc. I own several, but my favorite, hands-down is a CZ75B in polished stainless. These are reliable, good shooters, but a tad heavy. I converted mine (and my Son's matte SS version} from SA/DA to SA only. Not only is it gorgeous, the trigger & action are like silk & I shoot it more accurately & better than any of the others.

sorry why the hell would you buya 9mm?????? dont care about 9mm they bounce of pple dont stop anybody. 45 acp or more wake up. lol

This will be interesting...I prefer the Glock over the XD but they are both good. A Sig 226 is a great 9mm. Glocks are in my vehicles but as Jmac says...a .45 is the way to go. I CC a Sig C3 1911.

Let's keep it civil...:)

I have my carrying permit now I'm wanting to buy the gun. There is a Springfield xdm stainless over black lightly used at a local dealer for $550. That's a little high in my Dutch opinion. The 9mm ammo is quite a bit cheaper for shooting. Please keep the opinions coming. :cheers:

There is some great buys on gunbroker. And for you guys who don't think the 9 works on meat. Check out the hornady extreme terminal performance bullet tests on hogs heads youtube. :) If you sign a disclosure and waver I will stand you up in front of mine to test your theory of bouncing off LMAO. I know lots of cops who use them, and trust me they will kill you dead just fine and dandy. So will a 22 LR through your ticker. There is several great HP defense bullets that will stop any intruder in 9mm. If your hit with 19 XTP's in 115 gr your going to look like goulash. Hell I shoot deer with less grains LOL.;)

Last edited:
Also in a heated situation, a 45 can be very deadly, but also less accurate. They kick real bad and reacquiring a target is much harder at a fast paced situation. That's no secret either and fact. So if you are not good with a hand gun and this will be a possible home defense weapon, I would not tell you to go buy the 45 as your first toy. With a gun like the xdm 9, your recoil is minimal and you can pop all 19 rounds off in a very short time and do so on target. Try that with a 45, it aint happening. If your good and well versed in hand gun handling, and have the confidence your going to do the job the first shot on a charging intruder then by all means. Besides why settle there, just grab the 12 bore and use 3 1/2" lightfield slugs. They would be hard to even identify LOL. If your in need of a side arm in bear country I would pack the 45.

Last edited:
:10sign::thumbsup:
When I'm in bear country, I carry a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm.

:10sign::thumbsup:

OP, I just looked on GB and there is some going cheap on auction, as well as some for just at 499 new. They have the xdm gear case with extra mags the whole works. If you do buy used just make sure they don't hold out on you. You should get the hard case 2 mags, holster, loader, lock and mag holder. It is a real nice package anyone who gives one a go will be pleased. If you feel the need for the comfort binki, it does also come in 40 and 45 acp.:D That just translates to less ammo however. Also would like to add that as pointed out before there is an xd and an xdm 2 different guns. XDM is an upgraded version of the xd

Last edited:
I own Glocks and Springfields. My personal opinion is that the Glock is the AK47 of handguns. It has a better finish than the Sprinfield. Most people don't like the grip on the Glock, too blocky and fat, however many of the newer models have the changeable backstraps. Don't rule out the Smith and Wesson M&P series handguns, but they may be more than you would like to spend ? The Ruger LC9's are pretty sweet. I believe one of the models can be bought with a added laser and the price is reasonable.

When I'm in bear country, I carry a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm.

I wish there was a like button for this post !

I know Glock's a totally different gun, but they're supposedly coming out with a G40, a long slide, double stack, 10mm. I'd like to try one.

When I've been in serious bear country, I carried a 12 gauge shotgun with slugs, period. When I'm hunting out here, my preferred carry is a 5" barreled XD40 in a thigh holster; plenty of power for all but bears, carries securely, but is easy & quick to access. Around town, I typically carry a Walther PPK/S; nice carry & very easy to conceal, draw, & shoot; PPK's are a "natural pointer."

Glock- very reliable, lots of size options, anyone can work on them but they point high for anyone who has a lot of experience with handguns. If it'll be your first pistol, that doesn't make a difference.

Smith-Wesson M&P- best ergonomics for both left & right handed shooters, reliable, easy to drop in an Apex trigger kit to give it a superior trigger to other options without sending it to a gunsmith. Not the most accurate but acceptable for its intended purpose.

Springfield XD-XDM- similar to the M&P but has a grip safety (like a 1911).

Any of these 3 are good choices for CC.

Back