9mm

I DON'T work for CZ, but own several, both handguns & shotguns . CZ also stands solidly behind their products & I've personally experienced that. I wouldn't part with my 75B for love nor money.

CZ 75s have a great reputation for reliability & accuracy. They feel better in the hand than any other handgun I've tried, including Browning Hi-Powers.

Of the 4 I've owned though (2 full size, 2 compacts), only one came from the factory with a decent trigger. If you're willing to send one off to either CZ custom shop or even better, to Cajun Gunsmithing, you can get a trigger than can only be beat by a 1911.

My compact is my everyday carry gun. I've got about 8,000 rds through it without any kind of failure to fire & it's the most accurate pistol I own.

No gun is perfect, the feature that gives the CZ it's remarkable accuracy is also the cause of its biggest complaint, the small slide can be hard for some (especially women) to rack. Personally, I've never had an issue with it using an overhand grip as most devensive trainers recommend but that's the reason given by the guy who sold me my last one.

If you want a gun you can carry "off the shelf", I think the striker fired guns mentioned earlier are more suitable, but if you're willing to have a little work done, the CZs are my favorites.

What are we talking for $ Nim? Seems the panic is done and some deals are coming out. They will only sit on a shelf so long in a flooded market before the cost goes down. I also like to remember who the gougers were during the panic, and spend doe elsewhere. The ones that never inflated the price when they got something in.:thumbsup:

Ken, I think I paid $460 for the "Defensive Carry Package & trigger reduction" from Cagun Gun Works in La. The price of the CZ 75 Compacts is going up, I don't even know if they're still making them.

I would guess I've got about $1,100 in mine.

If you come to any Texas field trials, I'll let you shoot it. CZ owners are like a cult. They rarely own just one.

I modded mine myself with parts from Cajun (think it was a little over $200). Now it's single-action with the sweetest, crispest trigger in my handgun collection. Nestled in a black Wright holster, this polished stainless beauty is downright gorgeous in addition to being highly accurate & uber-reliable. The first one that I did is the matte stainless version & shoots every bit as well.

It can be done, but it depends on the holster, your build, & what you wear as a cover garment. Longer barrels make it a little more difficult to accomplish, as do wide, double-stack handguns. Weight & profile must be considered if your desire is for all-day, comfortable carry & in the case of inside-the-pants carry, waist size & belt length need to be larger than you normally wear depending on the profile of the particular piece you want to carry.

Is it practical to conceal carry the Springfield 4.5?

I thought that too, but, I have no issue. I like the factory holster. It works well for me. I think one thing to keep in mind is your hand size. For me the 4.5 is absolutely fine. If you go to the shops you can try out both the 4.5 and the shorter ones. Go with your gut and feel. Just like underwear, either they fit or they don't. As far as going shorter, don't sweat it. The XDM line in any is a fine weapon. Truth is, at standard range of a handgun your not going to see much dif on paper. Only if you expand the range out further will you see group size be affected to a real matter. If its for carry purpose only, that will be up close and personal anyway. I like to blast problem critters and shoot crap out to 25-30 yards so I opted for the 4.5. I have big hands so I like it. And to me there was little dif to start. I can put all 19 rounds in a soft ball at 20 yards free standing at a fairly quick pace. Good enough for me as much as I shoot. And that's with just factory cheap FMJ ammo. My reloads are better, but those I save for desperate times. All in all I am sure you would be happy as a pig in dung with a short barrel model.

Speaking of such. All you 9 owners do you reload for them as well or just buy the shelf stuf? Nim, that sounds like a nice gun and price. I would not mind at all popping some rounds from one I don't own. Only CZ I have had is a 12 bore OU. That was a nice gun as well. There is way too many hand guns out there I have not shot LOL. Something new all the time. What do you all feel for input on a 9 as far as simplicity for a first time hand gun buyer like IA Labs? Striker fire, double action, Single etc? To me I am thinking a striker fire would be about as think free as they come, but that's just my 2 cents. And the grip and trigger safe is well dummy proof on them XDM's. Just grab and blast. To me the trigger thing and softness has never been a noticeable issue. Unless were talking revolvers vs another. I guess my rough hand grip doing construction and tossing bundles of shingles for years took my soft touch away LOL. Because I can not see or feel a difference in trigger pulls with most any hand gun I have tried. When it comes to pounds of pull they all feel the same to me. All go bang pretty darn easy.

I use both, FC. I use factory ammo if I get a buy on it, but I also reload. My 9mm practice is typically at 7-10 yards.

I shoot (and built) my CZ for longer range accuracy & that is where a crisp trigger shines.

I have an M&P Pro 5" and XDM 5.25 for target shooting (APEX and PRP triggers/grip stippling), but have been testing a Ruger SR9C. While not mentioned often, these guns are typical Ruger quality and a great price. This gun has a decent trigger and more accurate than some full-size guns I've shot. Almost the same size in grip thickness and length as an M&P Shield, but holds 2 more rounds. Great gun for around $375-$400 range.

Well the decision has been made. I went to a small town gun shop. They had a good selection of hand guns.Springfield, glock, Smith Wesson etc.i had no idea there were so many. The gun that fit my large hands the best was a walther ppx. This was a new for $400. Just 2 clips, gun and hard case. Well what do you guys think?

Good buy. If you like the fit that's all that matters. Your right. There is a whoooole bunch. Just one shop can have hundreds of choices it seems. Have fun. And good luck finding ammo LOL.:D I got lucky the other day and got a couple 250 packs of magtech from mills fleet. They had the 350's of blazer when I left. But I don't hoard everything like some. Its been a while. But stuff is trickling back in.

As far as the ammo Wal-Mart has aluminum hull federal $10 for a box of 50. I shot 2 clips of it and the gun seemed to like it:). Is that a decent product and price?

Congrats on your new handgun!

Hull? What do you mean. The case? Never heard of aluminum. Nickle stuf I have seen and steel. I stick to brass. All that other stuf is garbage. Why its so cheap. Decent brass cased ammo is only a couple bucks more for FMJ. If you have a mills any where close check there.

PS your fine to shoot a few of the hard metal cased ammo. But I would not shoot tons. It gets hard on the gun after a while. Just my 2 cents. Nickel not as bad, steel bad. As desperation SITF closet ammo? OK anything that goes bang for survival LOL. If you were closer I would sell you some Fiochi. Or anyone else for that matter. 13 bucks for a 50 box. I have a few that could go. They shoot great and all. The brass just does not reload as nice. GFL brass does not resize properly.

Model of side arm is dependent on the use of the gun and the method of carry ie canceled or open . I own several of gun mentioned in this thread. They all have there purpose but none fit all situations. If your main purpose is concerned carry a 1911 xd or glock might be fine in the winter but hard to conceal in summer. If you are not expert in hand guns I would stay away from a glock. Don't get me wrong they are excellent combat pistols but they were designed for trained experience shooters. Don't over look the ruger lc9 or any of the other compact 9s on the market if conceal is what you want to do

Sorry fcspringer i meant aluminum shell casing:p. the gun is a blast to shoot. I took my son (14) out tonight and let him shoot the gun. next up is my wife and daughter;):cheers:

Back