22 lever action

I found a used Browning BL22 on the way home. Been traveling for work that last 2 weeks. The gun is in good shape.

My son and I went and ran 600 rounds thru it tonight. What a fun gun :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have been paying about normal prices for bulk .22 ammo. 500 rounds about $25. The problem is finding them.

Quail Hound, we didn't try the Chuck Connor method of ammo eating :eek:

Glad you found one. Since ladies and little folks will be shooting with you it is probably a better choice than a Marlin 39. When those little folks get bigger you can get a 39.

Glad you found one. Since ladies and little folks will be shooting with you it is probably a better choice than a Marlin 39. When those little folks get bigger you can get a 39.

You have found the method to my madness, if the wife likes the BL22, I will be buying another rifle for me to shoot :thumbsup:

Bl22 Is a great gun. Glade you picked one up. Should be a great plincker , and have fun with it. Did you look into a Ruger 10/22 ? If not you should have.:):cheers:

Bl22 Is a great gun. Glade you picked one up. Should be a great plincker , and have fun with it. Did you look into a Ruger 10/22 ? If not you should have.:):cheers:

Got one some where. Think one of my brothers may have it.

SetterNut, when you get a .22 lever action for your self, I recommend an older Marlin 39. By older, I mean one that was made by Marlin before Remington took their manufacturing over. They are extremely good rifles in their own and they provide excellent training tools for transitioning to the other Marlin centerfires. In the meantime the bl22 can be a plinker and a hunter.

I'm a big fan of the Marlin Levermatics. (Model 57' 57m and the 62) If you're looking for a fun gun that feels like a rifle, check out the model 57. 57M is the magnum. I have one 22' a couple magnums, a 30 carbine and a 256 win mag in the Levermatics. They're getting expensive and harder to find now though.

I have shot the gun a fair amount over the last several days.
It is really a nice gun. Accurate, smooth action, and will handle any ammo.

My wife and daughter both liked shooting it as well.
Glad I found one,

SetterNut glad you like the new smoke pole, I hope you have better luck than I am at finding ammo.

Same here I have struck out 4 times in the past two weeks, it's fustrating to say the least:mad::mad::mad:

Same here I have struck out 4 times in the past two weeks, it's fustrating to say the least:mad::mad::mad:

I went this morning, and they didn't get any .22 ammo in on the truck.
Still have a couple of bricks left but that will not last the weekend if the whole family goes down to shoot,

I think this ammo shortage gives a new perspective on the meaning of Supply & Demand. :rolleyes:

Back