22 lever action

SetterNut

I would like to buy a 22 lever action rifle.
The Browning BL22 has my attention right now.

You guys that have a 22 lever, let me know what you think of them.

Steve

I don't think you can beat a Henry Golden Boy as long as price is not an issue. They are sweet shooting stick with great accuracy and the action is smoooooooooth

Browning appears to cost a little more. I never shot the browning so I can't give you any feed back. I do see where assembly is a little difficult.

Not heard anyone with the Browning say anything but good things about them.
But the same goes for the Marlin and the Henry. People seem really to like the lever action 22's

If price is not an issue, go with the Browning!!! They are very nice and hold value well!!!:cheers:

The octagon barrel adds a little more front end weight that feels just right for me

If you find a pile of them, or see a deal somewhere, I "need" BL-22 and my best friend wants one also. You know, for the kids...:D:thumbsup:

Wish they would start to make some more!! I really like the 9422!!! I think 2005 was the last year they made them.:cheers:

In lever action .22s I have a bl22 and a Marlin 39. Both are extremely good shooters and both handle well. The Browning is lighter and quicker and has a real smooth action. It comes from the factory with the sights set for 50yds. The Marlin is bigger, feels more durable and shoots anything you feed it. It is also accurate. If kids will be shooting the rifle, I would pick the bl22 because it is lighter.

In lever action .22s I have a bl22 and a Marlin 39. Both are extremely good shooters and both handle well. The Browning is lighter and quicker and has a real smooth action. It comes from the factory with the sights set for 50yds. The Marlin is bigger, feels more durable and shoots anything you feed it. It is also accurate. If kids will be shooting the rifle, I would pick the bl22 because it is lighter.

Thanks, that is helpful. I will have some kids and smaller ladies that will shoot it some.

The first gun I ever bought was a winchester model 250 deluxe in about 1968 and they are no longer made, due to a bad divorce I lost it, and recently aquired another, the best 22 I have ever shot, but now I have to put a scope on it due to 60 plus years old eyes.

Back