20g. 1 1/8 load?

Seems like no one wants to touch this after the last few threads. If it patterns well then more power to you I guess. Give them a try, they may just work great for you and your gun.

Works fine with my eastern arms single that I use for rabbit.

That I know of, I have never shot 1-1/8oz 20ga loads of any kind. I have never even seen 1-1/8oz loads. Always 1oz 2.75' or 1.25oz 3" loads. Our area farm store has finally made a positive move IMO. They are carrying a inexpensive 1oz target load. My Browning A5 Mag 20ga needs 1oz or more to make them operate properly. 1oz loads in the past where always only a heavy hunting load, loading and they run near $10.00 a box vs $5.99 for a target load. I been buying up some of these 1oz target loads, just in case they stop ordering them and all I can find is 7/8oz loads.

Winchester carries it on their website. You can buy it by the box or case from their website. It comes in 2 3/4 6 shot. It's product number is x20xc6 on the website.

20 ga 1 1/8 load

Purchased these in the 1994-5. I have not been able to find any since. I have a Win 101, 1964 vintage and normally use 7/8 oz loads unless hunting pheasants. I use a 1 oz size 6 shot for them. In areas that require non-toxic I use 1 oz 6 Tungsten-matrix. In SD my grandson was using the 101 and I inadvertently gave him some of these. They worked fine.

Purchased these in the 1994-5. I have not been able to find any since. I have a Win 101, 1964 vintage and normally use 7/8 oz loads unless hunting pheasants. I use a 1 oz size 6 shot for them. In areas that require non-toxic I use 1 oz 6 Tungsten-matrix. In SD my grandson was using the 101 and I inadvertently gave him some of these. They worked fine.

I have a whole bunch of 16ga ammo from that era, some exactly like that bought from Target...when they sold guns and ammo.

Winchester still makes them. Go to their website on ammunition and punch in x20xc6 and you can order them by the case.

Hevi shot for pheasant seems a bit expensive no?

Hevi-Shot and Kent Tungsten Matrix are both pricey. But in relation to the money I spend on my dogs and gas for my vehicle while pheasant hunting those shells are a bargin. :) Just glad I don't use too many of the Kent's in my Sweet Sixteen.

I would recommend the HeviShot family of ammo. I believe you
will love the results in 20 gauge shells.

I handload gold! Balistically superior and non-toxic. The ladies at dinner will clean the birds and delite in shot left over. I would use ounce loads though.;)

I handload gold! Balistically superior and non-toxic. The ladies at dinner will clean the birds and delite in shot left over. I would use ounce loads though.;)

Ahh yes the gold loads. Beautiful pattern through a cylinder choke.:cheers:

First I've ever seen in 7.5.

Back