2023/2024 Pheasant Hunting Videos

My last case, including freight & tax, cost $1.76 a shell. Now it seems they're going to acquiesce to my fervent requests & increase 16 gauge loads from 1 oz. to 1-1/8 oz. Looks like my cost will increase to $1.94 a shell. Well worth it to be able to put a rooster on the ground & make him stay put (most of the time). I will happily pay that extra $0.18 to potentially sail 1, maybe even 2, more pellets into each richly deserving one of them.
I think you have become obsessed with shells.

Once. Just one time I want to hear this in the intro. "Brent and Ace here, we're at a south Dakota game production area, getting ready to hunt." There has to be at least one good one you try once a blue moon!

Boy, it's pretty rare. Here's one that starts at a GPA. Hens only, so we went to a nearby WPA for a quick limit. 🤣

I’ve had a pinch in my neck so I haven’t videod anything lately. The first video is about a month ago.
Yesterday I took my Boykin out in the afternoon. She doesn’t get many retrieves with my peake around. I worked with her some this summer to try to get her faster but I think about all I did was make her blink. It was nice to see her get a good mark on the second bird in the pheasant video.

Grouse hunt

Bird hunt

Thanks Jevon! Same to you! Ya know, there was a time I wanted a really nice SxS 16. That morphed into wanting a really nice O/U 16. Then a new style Sweet 16 came into my life. And I realized I could get no greater joy than shooting a rooster with the old Sweet 16 I already owned. Of all guns I've hunted with in my life, nothing really compares to its fit & feel. Then again, in the world of shotgun ownership, does one really ever know for sure? 🤔😉
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I’ve had a pinch in my neck so I haven’t videod anything lately. The first video is about a month ago.
Yesterday I took my Boykin out in the afternoon. She doesn’t get many retrieves with my peake around. I worked with her some this summer to try to get her faster but I think about all I did was make her blink. It was nice to see her get a good mark on the second bird in the pheasant video.

Grouse hunt

Bird hunt
Great video! Glad to see you are getting into birds. Nice shooting and dog work too.

Grouse hunt

Bird hunt
lol If you get bored this weekend watch the bird hunting video on a tv and pause it at the 6 minute mark and adjust your playback speed to .25 and watch what happens at the 6.05 mark.Video evidence exonerating Walls of any wrong doing in the case of the missing head.🤣 Hint you can see the head tumbling behind it in slow mo on the big screen

Pretty cool you can see the wad with the feather cloud and then the head trailing behind the bird in the next frame.IMG_3520.jpegIMG_3521.jpegIMG_3522.jpeg

Last edited:
lol If you get bored this weekend watch the bird hunting video on a tv and pause it at the 6 minute mark and adjust your playback speed to .25 and watch what happens at the 6.05 mark.Video evidence exonerating Walls of any wrong doing in the case of the missing head.🤣 Hint you can see the head tumbling behind it in slow mo on the big screen

Pretty cool you can see the wad with the feather cloud and then the head trailing behind the bird in the next frame.View attachment 6678View attachment 6679View attachment 6680
OUCH.....Good shot...

Pretty cool you can see the wad with the feather cloud and then the head trailing behind the bird in the next frame.View attachment 6678View attachment 6679View attachment 6680
That’s a nice shot!

I posted this about a week ago, but the end of the video cut off for whatever reason.. I've been in a ridiculous pheasant slump, so I haven't been very motivated to upload anything. Going on about 4 hunts without jumping a rooster... really fun times! Anyways, here's a couple videos from my last (underwhelming) SD trip.

I posted this about a week ago, but the end of the video cut off for whatever reason.. I've been in a ridiculous pheasant slump, so I haven't been very motivated to upload anything. Going on about 4 hunts without jumping a rooster... really fun times! Anyways, here's a couple videos from my last (underwhelming) SD trip.

I like them videos. I gotta say if I don't seen a roo after 4 hunts I am prolly gonna lay the woods to the first hen that pops up in front of me, lulz

One from the other day. Without the snow we wouldn’t have had a chance in the noisy stuff. A few highlights were left out 😆 lots of wild flushes two missed roosters and a lost quail. Over four hours and after a mile walk back to the truck almost fifteen thousand steps. The dogs and I were licked.

Back