2023/2024 Pheasant Hunting Videos

Damn, you are one hell of a shot.
Flattery, even if said tongue in cheek, is much appreciated.😆 My next video will include a couple misses, I promise. Granted, they were 60-yd shots taken mostly in anger that I didn't stay with my dog, & I felt I deserved to waste a shell, but they were misses nonetheless. 😉

It’s a good thing you’re such a dang good shot with those elitist shells you shoot! I broke down and bought some myself. They don’t help much when you don’t hit the bird! I’ve really enjoyed watching your videos Brent, thanks for taking the time to put them out.

It’s a good thing you’re such a dang good shot with those elitist shells you shoot! I broke down and bought some myself. They don’t help much when you don’t hit the bird! I’ve really enjoyed watching your videos Brent, thanks for taking the time to put them out.
Glad you like the videos. Life is too short for ugly girls, ugly dogs, ugly shotguns, & cheap shells. So use good shells, & keep pulling the trigger. Even if you hit a bird by accident, you want him to die. 😉

I've hear tale of a shotshell company that is so Elitist you can only buy direct from them. And they trick people into buying boxes of 20 instead of 25. Newfangled metals and who knows what else is in them but $2 is way too much to spend on a shell to shoot a non-native bird!

I've hear tale of a shotshell company that is so Elitist you can only buy direct from them. And they trick people into buying boxes of 20 instead of 25. Newfangled metals and who knows what else is in them but $2 is way too much to spend on a shell to shoot a non-native bird!
Yeah they use gold instead of lead.I never pay more than 15 dollars. These 40 dollar a box shells are outrageous.

My last case, including freight & tax, cost $1.76 a shell. Now it seems they're going to acquiesce to my fervent requests & increase 16 gauge loads from 1 oz. to 1-1/8 oz. Looks like my cost will increase to $1.94 a shell. Well worth it to be able to put a rooster on the ground & make him stay put (most of the time). I will happily pay that extra $0.18 to potentially sail 1, maybe even 2, more pellets into each richly deserving one of them.

Now, if we could only get you to switch over to a proper gun with two barrels SxS... Happy Thanksgiving from me and Whisky!

Thanks Jevon! Same to you! Ya know, there was a time I wanted a really nice SxS 16. That morphed into wanting a really nice O/U 16. Then a new style Sweet 16 came into my life. And I realized I could get no greater joy than shooting a rooster with the old Sweet 16 I already owned. Of all guns I've hunted with in my life, nothing really compares to its fit & feel. Then again, in the world of shotgun ownership, does one really ever know for sure? 🤔😉

Thanks Jevon! Same to you! Ya know, there was a time I wanted a really nice SxS 16. That morphed into wanting a really nice O/U 16. Then a new style Sweet 16 came into my life. And I realized I could get no greater joy than shooting a rooster with the old Sweet 16 I already owned. Of all guns I've hunted with in my life, nothing really compares to its fit & feel. Then again, in the world of shotgun ownership, does one really ever know for sure? 🤔😉
Fit and feel goes a long ways. I have been really trying to get into this Citori O/U in 16, but I just am having the toughest time. Don't get me wrong, I shoot birds with it pretty well, but it just doesn't feel right at times. I grab the old London SxS and it's like magic and everything just comes together. There is something as well to carrying and shooting birds with an 1880's vintage sidelock that warms the sole.

Back