2023/2024 Pheasant Hunting Videos

One from the other day. Without the snow we wouldn’t have had a chance in the noisy stuff. A few highlights were left out 😆 lots of wild flushes two missed roosters and a lost quail. Over four hours and after a mile walk back to the truck almost fifteen thousand steps. The dogs and I were licked.

I like the one where the bird flies over the dredge ditch. It always amazes me how quick a dog can run down one and up the other side. That little dog is really cute.

When I started watching these videos on here, I was always thinking, "man, how do these guys in SD always make a video and it's just one hunt, and maybe only a couple hours of hunting?" For me I was always lucky to get one pheasant a day, many days I came up empty. Either I didn't see that many, or my shooting was off, or I didn't read the dog correctly. It took me a while, but I learned and improved and am no longer a rank beginner. Now I'm officially a fair to middling pheasant hunter. The learning is in the doing, and I've enjoyed it so much. Like most people I simply enjoy spending time with the dogs out in nature, but a bird or two in the bag always puts a nice cap on the day! I finally got a really good day, and this video is it. Public land hunting in the Hawkeye state's fields of opportunity.

One from the other day. Without the snow we wouldn’t have had a chance in the noisy stuff. A few highlights were left out 😆 lots of wild flushes two missed roosters and a lost quail. Over four hours and after a mile walk back to the truck almost fifteen thousand steps. The dogs and I were licked.

Nice hunt! Nice shooting!!!

When I started watching these videos on here, I was always thinking, "man, how do these guys in SD always make a video and it's just one hunt, and maybe only a couple hours of hunting?" For me I was always lucky to get one pheasant a day, many days I came up empty. Either I didn't see that many, or my shooting was off, or I didn't read the dog correctly. It took me a while, but I learned and improved and am no longer a rank beginner. Now I'm officially a fair to middling pheasant hunter. The learning is in the doing, and I've enjoyed it so much. Like most people I simply enjoy spending time with the dogs out in nature, but a bird or two in the bag always puts a nice cap on the day! I finally got a really good day, and this video is it. Public land hunting in the Hawkeye state's fields of opportunity.
You and the dogs make a dang good team Bob

Great work, you three! Nice when the dog cleans up a mess, whether our own or someone else's cripple.

When Sage was young, I used to get upset when she'd flush a bird wild, but as time has gone on, I've come to realize that in the one man one dog (or two as the case may be) game, there are simply times where we can't pin the bird in cover and they're going to beat feet. A guy has to regroup and go after the next one. Thank you for sharing!

Here are some clips from my 8mo first few birds. I have a bunch more footage to get edited but just not the time. Of course i can never get MY kills on camera, but thats okay the memory is about the dog not me.
Your boy is really coming along. He looks great for a youngster. You should be really proud. Does he point?

Your boy is really coming along. He looks great for a youngster. You should be really proud. Does he point?

Thank you! He isnt an upland first dog- he is a waterfowl dog that is playing double duty. His grandmother on female side was a pointing upland lab and trial dog so it is always a possibility once he gets some more experience.

Great work, you three! Nice when the dog cleans up a mess, whether our own or someone else's cripple.

When Sage was young, I used to get upset when she'd flush a bird wild, but as time has gone on, I've come to realize that in the one man one dog (or two as the case may be) game, there are simply times where we can't pin the bird in cover and they're going to beat feet. A guy has to regroup and go after the next one. Thank you for sharing!
Yes, I find myself running,trying ti be there for the flush.Thats where having a 12 auto is handy.

Ace & I decided to take it easy & try a few ditches Sunday.

Good video, the more I watch Ace the more I like him. Won't be long an I will be needing another dog. Lab guy at heart but a springer like him in the running too. Or one of the red ones with the weird titties.

Back