2017 South Dakota Resident Only Pheasant Opener Weekend

My Chihuahua takes offensive to both of your comments as superior dogs. She got so mad when I read her the posts she tore a leaf off the only branch she could reach on my front yard tree, then chased the mailman down the road.

Last edited:
I speak for all of the out of state hunters who regularly meet to discuss these things and also control your branches of government. We would like to thank you for going out scouting ahead of time so that we can pull up on opener and ask where all the birds are at this year. Your past answers of- in the field, in my freezer already and in your dreams- were unacceptable.

We also request free ride-alongs for an afternoon road hunt for those who have difficulty with their feelings. A good 5 hours of cursing at them, BS, "I could have hit that bird with my eyes closed" and all around bitching will do them good. And after your kid is done, perhaps you could explain manliness to them, adult to man-child.

My point is there are three dogs in this fight. The resident who only has public land to hunt and does not feel he should have to compete with the hordes on the regular opening day, the non res who hunts public land only and thinks all the birds were cleaned out the week before, and the private land hunter, resident or non that to me seems to me should not give a rip. Anybody with a good dog or two is probably not overly concerned. It's a 90 day season. How many days are you going to hunt?

If you get offended or get your feelings hurt because of that comment by UGUIDE, you are part of what's wrong with this country today!!! My God, really? A guy can't even have a sense of humor and people get all offended. Put your big boy pants on people and enjoy the day, and have a sense of humor! Rooster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said!!!

Plant some birds

Who's heading out to try and bag some birds for whiners weekend (resident opener)?
Hey UGUIDE. I think you better plant some birds for the “non resident Whiners”. If you get out at 3:00 am no one will see u

The point is not to stir the pot. It is to let the uneducated such as yourself know that South Dakota is full of planted birds. U GUIDE is using this forum for advertising and to try to defend his business. So..there are few birds around but U GUIDE has properties he leases from farmers that miraculously have birds. If all you hunters want to think you are hunting wild birds that is good so have a good time.

Uneducated? You sound like Lebron James now preaching to all of us uneducated Trump supporters. Guy can't even say a full sentence without saying a word wrong, and barely graduated from high school.

I've hunted SD my whole life, and obviously there are places that plant pheasants, but your just being stupid and have no idea how UGUIDE runs his business. You have no idea, you just like instigating things.

Are you sitting in Mommy's basement behind Mommy's computer and just trying to troll people on here or what?

WOW! Has this thread gone all over the board.I've been following it and have just one question,this thing about planted birds,I understand if it's a preserve and advertised as one that's fine.However,I see an ad in pheasants forever for a place in south Dakota that says we only hunt wild birds then when you read further on their website you see prices for extra birds,whats up?

Would assume if you shoot more than a limit, for that facility, you would pay for the extra bird(s). I don't think the language implies they will release birds; however it would be worth questioning their policy.

I don't think you can let anyone shoot more than their limit unless you are releasing birds. Hence game farm.

3 birds is the state limit on wild birds,pen birds are however many you pay for if you shoot extra some preserves make you pay for them

It goes by the license. Preserve License or regular Small Game license which is 3 birds per day 15 in possession. Season dates and extra birds can indicate preserve or not. No extra birds on regular small game license. Once birds are released "in to the wild" they technically become wild birds in places other than preserves. That's why I went to the term fair chase to get away from those calling released birds wild birds.

It is not uncommon knowledge that the history of the inception of this "special" weekend was from the Game and Fish to try and make the residents happy because they are not that happy with the non residents stealing all their hunting opportunities on the real opener. Even the locals I know have this viewpoint. To me this viewpoint and need is one of the huge issues in the state and also of this forum and maybe the hunting population in general. Serious separation from what really creates good hunting opportunities.

UGUIDE, I think by putting Whiner's Weekend as the post title can/will rub people the wrong way and the others maybe seeing it as sarcastic. Hence the problem with computers - no tone. I renamed the title to "2017 South Dakota Resident Only Pheasant Opener Weekend" since that's what it is and we are discussing - politics aside.

Im certainly not a regular to the SD thread, do read it from time to time. I am curious , why is the opener called ''Whiners Weekend'' By Uguide? Pleas educate me.

Like you, I had to look up what Whiner's Weekend meant. To sum it up from what I read in this post, UGUIDE heard it from a local in South Dakota and it relates to the top quote in this response.

Let's throw the B.S. aside here, dispense with the sarcasm and politics. Thank you.

Webguy

Web Guy:

Thanks for your message and the shift in language et al.

And we can do without these words"stick it up your arss". I thought foul language was not acceptable on this forum??

Back