2016 Game And Gun Pics - Let's See Them

As posted elsewhere, Tinker has fully committed to the hunting program.

I needed the chest protector to spot her in the cover, but it is flimsy junk.

The new Franchi seems to be working

10-26c_zps562di67p.jpg

Boy, there are some really great pics and stories, just love looking at them. Thanks guys!

Went out today solo, just me and the dog. Was a cool day, but low winds. For some reason, the birds were really spooky, but did manage a limit. Raina did very well today, she's earning her keep.

I used my 12b Sam. Allport

DSCN16591.jpg

And of course Raina. The bird on the left was an old bugger, he had some long black spurs to go along with the nice tail feathers

DSCN16611.jpg

Best!

Greg

Last edited:
Hey all, went out after Church today for a little bit and was able to get a couple and a Hun. Should have gotten one more, but oh well can't always limit. Was tough for the dog today, winds were in that +18mph range, made scenting hard, but she did fine anyway.

I use my 12b Cogswell & Harrison Konor

DSCN16621.jpg

And Raina

DSCN16631.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hey all, went out after Church today for a little bit and was able to get a couple and a Hun. Should have gotten one more, but oh well can't always limit. Was tough for the dog today, winds were in that +18mph range, made scenting hard, but she did fine anyway.

I use my 12b Cogswell & Harrison Konor

DSCN16621.jpg

And Raina

DSCN16631.jpg

Best,

Greg

Greg I always love looking at the birds and the guns and of course Raina. But when it comes to the guns I am generally lost. Are these mostly English guns, and the hammerless guns are they usually shorter chambered, as an example the 12b F A Anderson. No matter they are always beautiful. :cheers:

Last edited:
Greg I always love looking at the birds and the guns and of course Raina. But when it comes to the guns I am generally lost. Are these mostly English guns, and the hammerless guns are they usually shorter chambered, as an example the 12b F A Anderson. No matter they are always beautiful. :cheers:

Thanks so much for the very kind words! The C&H and Anderson are both English. I'm a great lover of English doubles and have a mix of 2 1/2" and 2 3/4" guns. Most are 2 1/2", but the Anderson and C&H are both modern Brit guns and thus have 2 3/4" chambers. Just love those Brit guns!

Thanks again for your kindness!

Greg

Finally kicked off the valley quail season after missing the opener on the big trip. I'm glad we hunted close to home because all our dogs were wild today and we ended up calling the hunt way early. Not sure what got into the pups but it was just one of those days.

A couple of the better pics from our MT/ SD trip.

Great pictures!

About the dogs...

How long has it been since they had an increase in kibble allowance? New collars? Maybe personalized water bowls?

I'm thinking they are setting the stage for a work slow-down.

Just a thought.

:D
:cheers:

Great pictures!

About the dogs...

How long has it been since they had an increase in kibble allowance? New collars? Maybe personalized water bowls?

I'm thinking they are setting the stage for a work slow-down.

Just a thought.

:cheers:

I think they just conspired to run haywire today.They're on their hunting season rations, everyone got new collars before mountain quail, and they mostly love drinking swamp water lol!

Joel,

Great photo's of your Golden's - although I'm a bit prejudiced.

Would assume the puppy is on the right...how did the dog fare? Max is 6 and still going strong...

Is that your female on the left?

Jon,

Yes they are both mine. Roxy is on the left she was the rock star of the week. We shot 74 pheasants and with 7 dogs she retrieved at least 40 of them directly to me! Reba is on the right, she is the newest pup, only 1 year old but learning and doing great on retrieving. She had a few long (quarter mile+) retrieves where she really loves to run. She is still figuring out the hunt part but I have confidence that with all the birds she is getting under her nose she will progress much like her momma!

As I recall, you were planning on hunting the central part of the state, on public land. Looks like you did extremely well! Good job!

Back