2016 Game And Gun Pics - Let's See Them

gjw

Hey all thought I'd start this thread so we can show off our birds, guns, dogs and friends for this season

Today was our ND Pheasant Opener and it was a good one. Rick Timmers, Wade Burns, myself and my son Jim went out to a friends farm. There was some light snow on the ground in the morning, so it was wet going as it melted. Wade brought his dog Lakota (and she's a darn good dog BTW) and I brought Raina. We all filled (except Jim, always in the wrong place at the right time as he says!) and we got a couple grouse also. Did see a lot of birds, more than I expected, a good day with some good folks!

Wade (left) and Rick (right), Jim left early for work so no pic of him

DSCN16251.jpg

I used my Purdey 12b

DSCN16271.jpg

Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings!

Best!

Greg

Hey all, went out again today with Wade, Rick and Greg W. It was a very windy day, 20-25mph. Did see birds, but they were spooky. I managed a limit and Wade got two, Greg & Rick didn't fair well. Still a good day!

Wade and Greg and Lakota

DSCN16281.jpg

I used my 12b F.A. Anderson

DSCN16291.jpg

Going out again tomorrow, hope to do as well again.

Best!

Greg

Hey all, went out again today, it was a very nice day, lower winds, sunny in the 50's just about perfect. Took longer today to fill, for some reason the birds didn't want to hold well. Got a grouse as a bonus, but didn't see any huns. Raina did a great retrieve, went down a very, very steep hill (almost a 80 degree one) and got him. Good day!

I used my 16ga Arrieta 871

DSCN16301.jpg

And.............Raina!

DSCN16311.jpg

Best!

Greg

Huntin pictures...

This is my first time up-load pics so if you don't see-m do-do happens.
Birds, dogs and fine guns......(-:

Hi all, went out today and was able to shoot 3, but lost one, so only 2 in the bag. Hate losing a bird, rather miss than wound one. Anyway, a nice day, of course any day hunting is winner

I used my 16ga FN

DSCN16321.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hi all, went out today and was able to shoot 3, but lost one, so only 2 in the bag. Hate losing a bird, rather miss than wound one. Anyway, a nice day, of course any day hunting is winner

I used my 16ga FN

DSCN16321.jpg

Best,

Greg
Nice , Greg did you have the engraving done on this SxS ? Real nice !!!

Nice , Greg did you have the engraving done on this SxS ? Real nice !!!

Thanks for the kind words. It was engraved when the gun was made. The gun BTW was made in 1945 and I would assume after VE day in May.

Thanks again!

Greg

Hey all, went out today solo and managed a limit. Had to wait awhile as all the road accesses to my spots around my place were blocked off by law Enforcement. We have a bit of trouble with troublemakers (they call themselves protestors) who are trying to stop a pipeline from going thru the area. This has made things tough to get from one area to another. But, it was a good day. Weather was nice and Raina worked well.

I used my 12b Joseph Harkom

DSCN16361.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hi all, went out today after work for a couple hours with my 15 year old daughter Teresa. I managed two and Teresa got her first pheasant! One proud papa, she got it with one shot over a nice point by Raina. Looks like I have a new hunting partner.

I was using my 16ga Garbi 100

DSCN16381.jpg

Teresa and her first Rooster, she was using a 20ga Condor O/U

DSCN16401.jpg

The birds, the daughter and Raina

DSCN16411.jpg

Best!

Greg

Hey all, went out again today, it was a very nice day, lower winds, sunny in the 50's just about perfect. Took longer today to fill, for some reason the birds didn't want to hold well. Got a grouse as a bonus, but didn't see any huns. Raina did a great retrieve, went down a very, very steep hill (almost a 80 degree one) and got him. Good day!

I used my 16ga Arrieta 871

DSCN16301.jpg

And.............Raina!

DSCN16311.jpg

Best!

Greg

What kind of gun is that?

The side lock is a Arietta
If you look at the end of his post he states it is a 16 gauge FN-REALLY nice engraving , gorgeous :coolpics:
DHT

Work in progress

Tinker has got the basics down now.

This season we work on HER teaching herself by putting in the hours afield. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
My Berreta muzzle loader and the first two birds of the year for me

Nice! Early muzzle loader season up there?

Just curious: Are you a RCMP? The mountie-style hat has me wondering. :p

Thanks to all for the nice photos. A joy to look at.

Nice! Early muzzle loader season up there?

Just curious: Are you a RCMP? The mountie-style hat has me wondering. :p

HAHA!! Nope, I wore a campaign hat as a scout when I was young, and it just sort of kept up with it.:)
This is my hat I wear when I hunt or compete, everyday hat is a Cattleman or Jake style by Smithbilt .
As far as my guns go, we have no muzzle loading season up here for shotguns, I just use them and my black powder cartridge guns in the regular season.:)
DHT

Hi all, well today was a special day. My Number One son Will is home on leave from the Army. He only has a couple days, so we went out and did the thing we love the most.....Pheasant hunting! Wade Burns was also with us, so a good friend and a great son, who could ask for more, well, birds I guess. I was bale to get 2 and Will got 1. Was a bit tougher hunting as the wind came up and started blowing in that 20+ mph range. Still a wonderful day for me!

My son and me

DSCN16491.jpg

Will and Wade

DSCN16571.jpg

Will and Raina, Will used his 16ga Sauer Royal

DSCN16441.jpg

I used my 12b Henry Atkin

DSCN16421.jpg

Best!

Greg

Back