1st Annual "Where Should I Hunt" Thread

Another thing. I personally think that a large part of the problem isn't the guys like you who are asking for general information, but do we know how many unregistered users are reading some of this stuff? I mean, look at how many views this thread has as compared to how many posts...

This is a question for the moderators. Can we make a "hidden" forum? One that is not visible unless you are logged in as a member? This might make sharing some information about locations a bit safer as no one could find the threads by googling for them.

If you talk nice to V-John he has a bunch of students that he hires out as guides. He has taught them well and has entrusted them with GPS coordinates with the best spots to be found in Kansas.

I was going to start at that CRP just off the county road, you guys are welcome to join me.

Park on the Northeast corner. The birds are normally in that little patch of thick stuff about 100 yards in.

This is a question for the moderators. Can we make a "hidden" forum? One that is not visible unless you are logged in as a member? This might make sharing some information about locations a bit safer as no one could find the threads by googling for them.

That or just communicate through PM's with other members looking for info. That's the route I've gone with a few members who I've come to know over the years (on UPH). It must be working because I haven't seen any increases in hunting pressure:rolleyes::cheers:

crp

i'll be there, got room for another 8 guys and at last count 13 dogs, you can be assured that they are all well oiled and properly trained hunting machines. same for the group of guys, at least as far as the oiled part goes

cheers

i'll be there, got room for another 8 guys and at last count 13 dogs, you can be assured that they are all well oiled and properly trained hunting machines. same for the group of guys, at least as far as the oiled part goes

cheers

Oiled up or liquored up?

Bill,

Glad you have a hot spot. I'll be there on the opener also.:) I will pm you about locations.

Steve

When I said "Hot Spot" it means the farmer sighted at least one rooster since January but doesn't know for sure if he is still alive. :)

last pheasant

where ever you saw that last pheasant, pretty sure it didn't make it as far as n. w. kansas. looked pretty dismal out there a couple of days ago

cheers

Steve, that would be a YES! I will be there for the opener and already have permission on some hot private property.

Along about now, all the property is HOT!!!:eek:

beggars

This cracked me up. That much, I'd be more then happy to do. Maybe we should just go ahead and have a committee on this. More thought should be put into this. It would be a really large endeavor though, that probably need several members on the "committee".
Guys, I really appreciate the response. I thought that I could try and condense the many different threads into one of them to help the new guy out. That way, they wouldn't even have to use the "search" function, but rather just go right here! See? Don't say that we aren't a helpful bunch here on Ultimate Pheasant Hunting.
:D

i think a point system ought to be devised, that way we can score the request and sob stories and be really fair at picking a winner, we wouldn't want to cheat these guys god forbid. we already know their party affiliation but we need to score the rest of the story

cheers

birds

So, about that "Where should i hunt?" topic. Is anyone able to tell me how the birds are doing in any of these counties: Wallace, Thomas, Smith, Decatur, Norton, Philips, or Smith? Thank you so very much for the help. :)

think you are going to have to wait and see of the kansas fish and game decide to put out a survey this year or not. keep checking their web site, sometimes they publish one in one color or another. that will maybe give you some serious hints

cheers

Guys my brother has been given a death date by the doctors (he has 3 different STDs) and its the day after opening day, his dying wish is to hunt Kansas on opening day, the last day he'll live. If you guys could help me on where to go, field to field, I'd appreciate it.....for my brother.....and his 7 year old disabled son.....and his 5 month pregnant wife (we're hoping he lives to see this one born, we hope it's actually his kid.) is coming along to film......and my brother has been training a new pup and this would've been his first year to hunt with him, so this will be his first hunt and my brother's last....also, the best field we find we'll be scattering our parents ashes in it (if we can find that cardboard box in the attic). I'm NOT asking for honey holes at all! But if a few members can pm me the best fields they've ever hunted and continually like to hunt, it would mean the world to my family.....oh, and God bless you (can't forget that). :eek:

Ok if we're taking points by committee, this better win. :mad:

think you are going to have to wait and see of the kansas fish and game decide to put out a survey this year or not. keep checking their web site, sometimes they publish one in one color or another. that will maybe give you some serious hints

Okay, I will keep checking their website.
Thanks very much for the help.

Back