A true triple?

I've got some real estate in Florida I will sell you.
No sh#@ wild phez don't frush all at the same time and give you time to do a triple many times much less a four banger. Then the other guy who claims he had time to do a spin around ballet spin to get third bird at 35, 40 yd. BS. Big difference between a true triple and a staggered flush, big different!!

No sh#@ wild phez don't frush all at the same time and give you time to do a triple many times much less a four banger. Then the other guy who claims he had time to do a spin around ballet spin to get third bird at 35, 40 yd. BS. Big difference between a true triple and a staggered flush, big different!!
You and Goose are right you found us out. Our lives are so unimportant that we have to come up with ways to impress both of you guys with our awesome feats of hunting. I for one am sorry for my part and it will never happen again. Hopefully the other perpetrators will come forward and ask for absolution from the two of you. Bless me father for I have……..

You can't reload fast enough? JK

I figured that someone might chime win with quail given their size.
No I can't, at least not in time to qualify as a triple. I might carry the A5 if there are several in the party but most of the time the 625 is my go to gun. If I ever get a triple with the 625, I'll be sure to post it...

You and Goose are right you found us out. Our lives are so unimportant that we have to come up with ways to impress both of you guys with our awesome feats of hunting. I for one am sorry for my part and it will never happen again. Hopefully the other perpetrators will come forward and ask for absolution from the two of you. Bless me father for I have……..
Never said anything to you but nice ego stroke. Thread about true triples, that don't include staggered flushes, great big flushes of birds in group hunting or being a blocker when a big bunch of birds in the air or anything like that don't count as true triples. Its a one man one gun against close flushing roosters at the same time.

Never said anything to you but nice ego stroke. Thread about true triples, that don't include staggered flushes, great big flushes of birds in group hunting or being a blocker when a big bunch of birds in the air or anything like that don't count as true triples. Its a one man one gun against close flushing roosters at the same time.
Thank you for explaining that to me and policing the thread with your positive input. Your insight and contributions are much appreciated. I will try to do better in the future.

Different experiences, but the pinnacle for me is a difficult find by one of my dogs…nothing gives me such a thrill!!! Have had several this season that still put a permanent-smile on my face…but getting a double or a triple is exciting for sure. Have gotten a few doubles this season…I do prefer one at a time for marking/retrieving purposes…been in lots of cattails this fall.

Clearly there are some individuals here that just can't stick to the topic at hand.

Thank you for the responses. I have never had the opportunity to execute a true triple but perhaps the next hunt will give me that chance. Not holding my breath though.

Different experiences, but the pinnacle for me is a difficult find by one of my dogs…nothing gives me such a thrill!!! Have had several this season that still put a permanent-smile on my face…but getting a double or a triple is exciting for sure. Have gotten a few doubles this season…I do prefer one at a time for marking/retrieving purposes…been in lots of cattails this fall.
Me too. There's plenty to love about pheasant hunting, especially the dog part. But when I make a big mess (usually a poor shot), and you introduce a rooster's will & ability to survive, & my dog cleans up that mess.........that's just so thrilling!!

I am laughing out loud at some of the comments! I don't know proper etiquette for a true double or triple but I envy the guys who have the opportunity to shoot two or three birds standing in one spot. I had an old guy who I hunted with who was walking in the field, I was in the CRP with the dog. Birds started to fly and they were flying by him out on the edge. He had an old A5 but he could shoot. He swung on three roosters one at a time and killed every one with one shot. He was so excited to shoot his limit standing iin one spot. I don't know if that is a true triple but a very cool memory I have of old Rex!

About 12-14 years ago a group of us were pushing a cattail slough; I stopped at a spot in a tilled beanfield where a finger of the slough protruded…it was like a carnival game…about every minute or so a rooster would flush…8 were in a pile within about 10 minutes…don’t think I missed any, and I know for sure none were lost. That was my most frenetic and prolific spurt of shooting ever. But there was no dog work as far as initially finding, flushing or pointing…so that leaves a bit to be desired. But a quick pile of birds it was!

I’ve shot 3 standing in one place a few times, couldn’t tell you how many shells it took or how the flushed.
I took some younger cousins out this weekend, guys that go once a year. They wanted to jump a pond on Sunday so I called and got us permission. They ended up with 17 with 12 shells I sat at the truck and waited for the volley and then me and Roo walked down and cleaned up the mess. Made the whole trip for them.
My dad lived on the farm and used to tell this story about walking out to the edge of the driveway and 20 ft. out into a hay field and killing 4 roosters with 4 shells. He and I always got a kick out of it.

I've killed a couple "doubles", but they didn't flush at the same time, staggered flushes but I was standing in the same spot. Early in the year I've been lucky and flushed really large broods occasionally. Had a group of 8 roosters get up this year, only needed one more for a limit so I had to watch as single file they all busted one at a time after I dusted the first to leave the slough. I thought my dog's head was going to pop off.

After over 40 years of hunting, I can say I’ve never been given the opportunity to shoot a true tripe in Minnesota. Hopefully someday and that I don’t choke 😂

No triples for me in the pheasant game. When I was 12, I watched my dad and his black lab, Kit, go along a fenceline and shoot 3 roosters in about 10 seconds, but it wasn't the classic, "Three up, three down" scenario that I think of when someone says "triple".

No triples for me in the pheasant game. When I was 12, I watched my dad and his black lab, Kit, go along a fenceline and shoot 3 roosters in about 10 seconds, but it wasn't the classic, "Three up, three down" scenario that I think of when someone says "triple".
Dads are like that.

I am laughing out loud at some of the comments! I don't know proper etiquette for a true double or triple but I envy the guys who have the opportunity to shoot two or three birds standing in one spot. I had an old guy who I hunted with who was walking in the field, I was in the CRP with the dog. Birds started to fly and they were flying by him out on the edge. He had an old A5 but he could shoot. He swung on three roosters one at a time and killed every one with one shot. He was so excited to shoot his limit standing iin one spot. I don't know if that is a true triple but a very cool memory I have of old Rex!
I agree Joel, dang near spit diet coke on my laptop reading these. I am wondering if I need to wear the GoPro for every hunt so I can do a booth review to see if it was 0.1 second delay between the flushes, 0.5 seconds or a 1 second delay before I claim a triple. I did a mental replay my three opportunities and upon further review the ruling on the field stands.

I agree Joel, dang near spit diet coke on my laptop reading these. I am wondering if I need to wear the GoPro for every hunt so I can do a booth review to see if it was 0.1 second delay between the flushes, 0.5 seconds or a 1 second delay before I claim a triple. I did a mental replay my three opportunities and upon further review the ruling on the field stands.

Only because there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. 😂😂😂

Back