Your thoughts on the upcoming season

Right, let's change it up a bit. I didn't like my first update of the season either:)

Every hen pheasant in KS is expected to produce 50 chicks this year because of the Earth's axis in relation to the moon phase, plus the diameter of the new black hole in space, and of course timely rains. KDWPT will likely issue an emergency early start to a lengthened season to combat the infestation. There will be no less than 1 million birds harvested in Kansas, most of which will be taken by members of this board. There will be clouds of pheasants in nearly every county in the state. Additionally, KS hunters can expect to see roughly 15 coveys of quail per quarter section in all 105 counties.:rolleyes:;):D

Just got a report of Odles of hens with 12-15 young ones with each hen!!!! So thick you could throw a rock and get 6 or 7 !!!! Roosters were sporting 30 inch tails and when the truck door was open, they wanted to jump in!!! How did I do ??????????:10sign::cheers:

Yep time to put on the lip wadders:D:D

Just got a report of Odles of hens with 12-15 young ones with each hen!!!! So thick you could throw a rock and get 6 or 7 !!!! Roosters were sporting 30 inch tails and when the truck door was open, they wanted to jump in!!! How did I do ??????????:10sign::cheers:

Yeah, lots of guys won't bother carrying guns this season. With so many birds flushing at once, they can just grab what they want out of the air with their hands. :eek: If you happen to grab an old bird on the flush, you can just catch-and-release until you get a limit of young, tender birds... I know a guy who has been doing this for years...;)

Doesn't look good in Decatur county. Worst it has been in the 4 years I have lived here. And we were one of the better areas last year. Not much crp either. Hill City, an hour away, recorded .01 inches of rain in May.

Doesn't look good in Decatur county. Worst it has been in the 4 years I have lived here. And we were one of the better areas last year. Not much crp either. Hill City, an hour away, recorded .01 inches of rain in May.

Sorry to hear things aren't looking so good there. We are still in the grips of the drought here. Had a little moisture early and it gave hope, but we are so dry. Wheat harvest in full swing here.

Yeah, lots of guys won't bother carrying guns this season. With so many birds flushing at once, they can just grab what they want out of the air with their hands. :eek: If you happen to grab an old bird on the flush, you can just catch-and-release until you get a limit of young, tender birds... I know a guy who has been doing this for years...;)

Folks here in Arkansas are complaining about all the pheasants that have migrated here due to overcrowding in Kansas. They're eating all the cotton and soybeans and waking people up early in the AM with all the cackling. The legislature is in a special session for the sole purpose of passing a bill to create a pheasant season. They're still debating whether it should be a limit of 10 roosters a day or 20.

Folks here in Arkansas are complaining about all the pheasants that have migrated here due to overcrowding in Kansas. They're eating all the cotton and soybeans and waking people up early in the AM with all the cackling. The legislature is in a special session for the sole purpose of passing a bill to create a pheasant season. They're still debating whether it should be a limit of 10 roosters a day or 20.

It's getting tough to keep pointing dogs around my place. With so many birds in close proximity, the poor dogs just stand on point all day in the yard. I bring 'em in at night for food and water, but as soon as I let them back outside in the morning, they lock up again right in the doorway. I pick 'em up and set them down in the yard, and they are still standing there in the evening when I pick 'em up and carry 'em back in.:D I sure wish they would do something about all these darn birds...:rolleyes:

That was a recoding put out by KDWP to attract out of state hunters. :eek:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure isn't looking good. I have big cracks in the ground and brown grass coming on. My prairie grass started out looking real good but it sure needs a good rain or two before I start bailing in month and a half or so.

It's getting tough to keep pointing dogs around my place. With so many birds in close proximity, the poor dogs just stand on point all day in the yard. I bring 'em in at night for food and water, but as soon as I let them back outside in the morning, they lock up again right in the doorway. I pick 'em up and set them down in the yard, and they are still standing there in the evening when I pick 'em up and carry 'em back in.:D I sure wish they would do something about all these darn birds...:rolleyes:

I would be more than glad to help out a good friend, just PM me with the grid coordinates and I can take care of the problem. I ran into a farmer about three years ago with the same type of problem and helped him out too. Schucks, someone has to do good in this world.

That was a recoding put out by KDWP to attract out of state hunters. :eek:

Just telling everyone what I have seen on my trip to Glen Elder. I hope the birds make it. We really need some rain. From what I saw we had some good carryover from last year.

Back