Yet another rooster slaughter in SW KS

grouchyolddude

I sure hope someone finds a way to curb these two. :mad:They're hell on the population.:(
It might also be noted, that the 'short' one, was also seen stealing pockets full of rocks, feathers, sticks, and anything else he could get his sticky li'l fingers on. :rolleyes: He was also seen poking in badger holes with a long stick.(wildelife harassment ??) :p
We need to get a "handle" on these types..;)

attachment.php

Very nice!!! Cool pic!!! I think you have your hands full now!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::10sign:

Pics like that describe visually the very reason I still want to get up early on a cold morn. Grandkids, birddawgs, and shotguns!
385652606.jpg

His first on the wing....that ol hen was CLOSE!
They keep me young.

BobM

Good luck with that!! Do you see the size of the feet on those guys? Those are hobbits. Impossible to catch and insatiable appetites. The Kansas pheasants are doomed.

I sure hope someone finds a way to curb these two. :mad:They're hell on the population.:(
It might also be noted, that the 'short' one, was also seen stealing pockets full of rocks, feathers, sticks, and anything else he could get his sticky li'l fingers on. :rolleyes: He was also seen poking in badger holes with a long stick.(wildelife harassment ??) :p
We need to get a "handle" on these types..;)

I think in a week or two that "homework" will corral these vermin and protect the dwindling bird population through the end of the season. Until then, set the alarm clock and make sure to keep them in the cover. Do have him avoid anything badger, that advice comes from experience!!!

And the legacy continues . . . excellent!

Awesome!!!

:).. THANKS ALL!!!! for the replies..and a Merry Christmas to everyone...:thumbsup:
Great lookin' grandson there Bobm, he looks like he takes his hunting serious ;) Congrat's to him!!! (makes a fella' proud, don't it?) and THANK YOU for giving him the 'opportunity' :thumbsup:

and for thurrealty, here's a couple more of my faves from last week..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Somebody in Colorado is spoiling kids the right way! That little un is gonna be a terror in the fields....he's just got the look.

Merry Christmas to all,

BobM

Great Shots O!!! Glad you got the boys out. Nikon looks happy too! At least I think that's Nikon and not Tanner. Great memories for years to come and something they'll always remember.

Great Shots O!!! Glad you got the boys out. Nikon looks happy too! At least I think that's Nikon and not Tanner. Great memories for years to come and something they'll always remember.
well you had a 50/50 chance,.. :p that one is Tanner :D
..."memories".... funny you mentioned that. I told 'em that very thing last week. :thumbsup: "Boys, this is a memory that you will cherish when you're my age." :cheers:
..Let's see that new xmas present steve... ;)
here's Nikon...
attachment.php

Gawd I miss those days with my boys - enjoy to the hilt while it lasts!!! :10sign:

...I DO!!! hen,hen,.. believe me I cherish every moment :)

Unfortunately, neither were able to return w/ me this week..:(

picture.php

Last edited:
The final day in the feild... I managed yet another grandson's first wild pheasant...:D
A lot of satisfaction in grinding out those wiley, educated roosters in late season.
We did well, considering behind a couple of o' flushers...:p

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey Grouch - was that picture taken behind the Flamingo in Hugoton?

Nice pictures of the young guns. Brings back memories of previous years with mine who is now 21. How did that happen so fast?:confused:

Back