WPA's Closed

LMAO, who is that joker. They can not keep you from hunting. Hog wash. Good luck enforcing that garbage. Total rubbish. It is never supervised LOL. I am going to go now just to say I did it. I normaly do not go on opener. How the hell do they think anyone will know. I dont read that stupid paper. If not for u, well call me stupid LOL See ya out there.

I read that the federal warden's are posting wpa's here in Wi. How dumb is that? Drive all over the state, to post land to save money when they aren't monitored in the first place.

Of course I read that on the internet so there is a good chance it's not true.

Either way I'll hunt public land if I want to. Going to go for a drive tomorrow or Friday to see what's going on.

I read that the federal warden's are posting wpa's here in Wi. How dumb is that? Drive all over the state, to post land to save money when they aren't monitored in the first place.

Of course I read that on the internet so there is a good chance it's not true.

Either way I'll hunt public land if I want to. Going to go for a drive tomorrow or Friday to see what's going on.

Please keep us posted. I heard that some of the land I hunt in the Horicon marsh is off limits now?

It reminds me of the exostential philosopher Camu, 'if a tree fall in a forest and nobody is around to here it, does it make a sound?" The parable is if the WPA is closed, and there is no supervision, is it actually closed? What a bunch of nitwits, only a TV station and the government could conspire for this chicanery.

When I was in SD a few weekends back, I saw cattle grazing in a lot of the WPAs.

I highly doubt they are going to make them move the cattle out or stop them from harvesting the crops (some now have GMO corn and beans on them) on WPAs. Farmers and ranchers should get the same "off limits" as the hunters do if its gonna be enforced, fair is fair.

I would hunt them-I mean really????????????? Remember our MN shutdown a few years ago and the confusion about even being able to buy a license?

Dan

And.............................I imagine that the wardens are grappling with the enforcement as well. They don't like writing citations that are going to get kicked out in court.

If I was getting a ticket I would take my day in court.

Dan

And.............................I imagine that the wardens are grappling with the enforcement as well. They don't like writing citations that are going to get kicked out in court.

If I was getting a ticket I would take my day in court.

Dan

I dont know....the federal agents I have dealt with sure do not seem like the type of people who do not like to write tickets Lol!

Sounds like a bunch of pissed off federal employees trying to make it hard for everyone else so we put pressure on congress to get a deal passed. Maybe these federal employees should understand something. No one guaranteed them a pay check if the government ran out of funds. If they were working in a private enterprise and the company fell on hard times (i.e. the 2008 recession) they could very well have been laid off or terminated. Maybe they are getting a taste of the real world. After all, they do work for you and me, right? We do pay their salary, right?

I too will hunt WPA's. Who is going to be there to enforce a shut down.

Federal Land

I don't plan on hunting on any WPA's or federal land anytime soon, but I never think it hurts to have a strategy. So let's all brainstorm ideas to help each other out. Here are some of my thoughts: park farther away, on private land if possible, and do a little extra walking. Hunt with your least expensive gun, one you wouldn't really mind loosing, and don't have a lot of extra guns in your truck. Make double sure you have the correct licenses, duck and habitat stamps, and non-toxic shot. Then you need to have your speech ready, " I'm so sorry officer, been so busy lately haven't had time to follow the news". Remember, a soft answer turn away wrath. Good luck and good hunting.

I talked to a guy this morning who talks with co's often and he said none of them were planning on writing tickets if they found people hunting wpa's because it's their right to hunt the land. Can't say this will be all co's but it's nice to hear that some of them are on our side and understand this whole not being able to hunt wpa's is bs!!

my speech will go something like this...

it is PUBLIC land..not GOVT PRIVATE land..it is land obtained thru hunters conservation efforts and generous donations..It is a gift from us not from you. I would not surrender my firearm, and would not leave unless they drug me out of the property...would not accept a ticket...I am talking total civil disobedience. I really doubt CO's would enforce this. Most of them are avid outdoorsmen like us. I am sick and tired of this...nothing will stop be from doing what I love, especially the GOVT!...

now I need to email the moderator of this website and get them to add an emoticon with a face flicking the bird instead of the thumbs up..thats how I feel right now.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't most WPAs originally purchased by private organizations such as Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited, etc (which is really us the taxpayers, hunters and conservationists)? They must then transfer ownership to US Fish and Wildlife. I am not sure why they do this? If the federal government is going to pull this kind of stunt then I say let's not transfer any more land to USFW. Let's keep it here in Minnesota. After what we are experiencing with the WPA closures I would love to see these groups vow not to transfer any more of the land that we paid for to the federal government.

I'm wondering which way things will go. Does this mean the WMA's will get hammered or will people stay home? I already have a ticket for an untagged turkey given to me by a gung ho CO that came ripping across a large chunk of private property to get to me. This guy was very threatening. From looking at the title on my car to checking my text messages. He took the turkey and my guns while he drove off and checked out the rest of our party. I later found out he was looking for a felon (high school friend of my bro in law that I do not know). He was called in on a erroneous tip from the boyfriend of his ex wife saying he was out hunting with a gun. He actually was up working on the iron range. I got the turkey and guns back when he came back. I would have fought the ticket but I would have had to drive from Stillwater to Winona and miss a day of work. Long story short I don't want another ticket.

Back