Wings Works Hunting Vest

There has been discussion on this site before about the WingWorks vest but I'm not sure it had a thread of it's own. I've owned one of the WW vests now for 2 seasons and absolutely love it. The quality of the WW vest is second to none. One common complaint of strap vests is the difficulty in loading the game bag. Not with the WW, it easy to put a rooster in the bag. Make sure you get the proper size. There are some detailed instructions on their web site regarding measuring for a proper fit. If you have any doubts give them a call. They are great to deal with. I initially ordered an XL and it was a little big. I sent it back and they replace the main belt with a Large. Just to give you some idea of fit, I'm 5'10", 205 lbs., 36" waist and 44" chest. The Large fits me perfect!

Hoping to be 185-190 by next season!! :eek:

As stated before yes and yes, I went the cheaper route a cabela's strap vest but last year broke down and got WW love it, gave my cabela's to SIL. Spend the money you'll be happy you did.

I won't disagree with what has been said. High quality, well made vest. My hunting partner loves his.

That said, it is just more vest than I need or want. Our hunts (mostly in the grouse woods) last between 1-3 hours, then we're back at the rig and off to the next covert. I don't need a vest designed for chucker hunters in the mountains. If you're looking for something light weight and more compact, give the Quilomene SanCarlos a look. Awesome strap vest and just right for warm weather and or 2-4 hour hunts. Light weight too.

I won't disagree with what has been said. High quality, well made vest. My hunting partner loves his.

That said, it is just more vest than I need or want. Our hunts (mostly in the grouse woods) last between 1-3 hours, then we're back at the rig and off to the next covert. I don't need a vest designed for chucker hunters in the mountains. If you're looking for something light weight and more compact, give the Quilomene SanCarlos a look. Awesome strap vest and just right for warm weather and or 2-4 hour hunts. Light weight too.
I agree it was between the Quilomene and the WW for me the SanCarlos wasn't quite enough vest for me, the Quilomene has a big water bladder if I remember, a nifty gun holder if needed. I liked the waist staps on the WW I thought more stable I carry lots of weight sometimes. I wouldn't mind having both. The WW is more solid.

WingWorksVestTechNo1.jpg

Sling20Thing.jpg

vest.jpg
]

There are two large shell pocket, a large zippered pocket in back on the game bag and two small zippered pocket on each side of the game bag. There are also some small pockets on the sides of the shell pockets and a strap on the back to lash a garment too. I find I can put all the shells I need in one shell pocket. That frees up the other one for my cell phone and other items. I feel there is plenty of storage on this vest plus the two 32 oz. water bottles. There is enough storage for everything you would need to spend a day in the field. The Wing Works vest is a game bird vest, it wasn't meant to be a packback! In addition, the vest does an excellent job of putting the weight on your hips and the game bag is very easy to load. If you need more storage you can always use the game bag. Just bring a few plastic bags to put your stuff in so it doesn't get bloody from the birds.

The WingWorks is a top quality vest. Absolutely second to none in quality.

anybody have one of these high dollar vests? is it worth the money? fit?

I see LL bean has one in their new hunting catolog. It is on page 6. I like LL Bean stuff. Not a problem with returns either. I was thinking of giving it a shot but I have 3 vests already and to my surprise I can only wear one at a time....:)

I am tired of shells falling out of my vest pockets.

Lazlo

I see LL bean has one in their new hunting catolog. It is on page 6. I like LL Bean stuff. Not a problem with returns either. I was thinking of giving it a shot but I have 3 vests already and to my surprise I can only wear one at a time....:)

I am tired of shells falling out of my vest pockets.

Lazlo

i took the plunge and bought one this summer, i too have about 3 other vests, always looking for the holy grail of vests....i will let you "test drive" it when i come up in October, that way you will know if it works, before you spend the money.

Wingworks vest are great. You might want to look at the strap vest made by Buck's Bags as an alternative. Wonderful vest!

This will be my first season with it!

I got mine 2 seasons ago. The 2 water bottles that come w/ it are unique- easy to fill & huge. I also got the 2 qt. bottle that fits in a pouch inside the game bag. This is the only vest I've ever had that allows me to carry enough water for the dogs.

Last yr. I got the Orvis "shell" jacket http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=9A13 and I've finally found the ultimate set up after many yrs of trial & error.

I'm mostly a lurker but this tread brought me out. I have had the WW vest for three season and also love it. My buddy has the Q vest, his water line and bladder is always leaking and freezing up. T he Q vest hangs to low and hits the back of your legs when u have a bird in it. Go wing a WW.

There has been discussion on this site before about the WingWorks vest but I'm not sure it had a thread of it's own. I've owned one of the WW vests now for 2 seasons and absolutely love it. The quality of the WW vest is second to none. One common complaint of strap vests is the difficulty in loading the game bag. Not with the WW, it easy to put a rooster in the bag. Make sure you get the proper size. There are some detailed instructions on their web site regarding measuring for a proper fit. If you have any doubts give them a call. They are great to deal with. I initially ordered an XL and it was a little big. I sent it back and they replace the main belt with a Large. Just to give you some idea of fit, I'm 5'10", 205 lbs., 36" waist and 44" chest. The Large fits me perfect!

Hoping to be 185-190 by next season!! :eek:

Thank you Dakotazeb for that tip to send them in to get re-sized....I have dropped a few lbs as well and XL just isn't working for me. Thought I was going to have to sell it and but a new one. I will call them today.
Thanks again!

:10sign:
Hey gundog...sell it to me; you deserve a new one...:)

My wife (who handles the bills) says I don't deserve a new one (vest that is, not a new wife). Although she probably thinks she deserves a new husband.
Anyway stuck with old one...(again the vest)
Just had our 24 yr anniversary, I guess she's a keeper!:10sign:

Congrats on the 24th...closing in on my 24th as well; only problem is, I broke it up into two parts - "if you know what I mean"...:). Best of luck for another 24 and hope you get the vest to work for you.
Jim

Secont that, i talked alot with Bob, i have been using my vest alot lately, over 10 miles on foot yesterday, a few miles today and i have nothing but good to say about it. No hot spots snags, feels like its part of you. I will be using it every day this season.

Just bought a used one off another forum. Hope it fits...if not, it will go on the trade block.

This is my 2nd season with my WW vest. This time of year I am hunting some Prairie Chickens, and the temperatures are pretty high for a Setter.

I carry a ton of water in the vest and you don't feel the weight on your back and shoulders.

It is by far the best Vest I have seen and used.

Back