Winchester Model 42

winchester21

My old man got lucky yesterday! A first year (1935) Model 42 basically fell into his lap. It's a minty (98%) 3" with a 28" Full tube. I can't wait to
pop some roosters with it!!! Sorry, I just had to brag!

It's OK. Some of us understand. I have a Model 37 410 (pre-serial number) that breaks down effortlessly and fits in a leather reinforced canvas satchel. I just shot it last week to break in my 7mo pup.

Enjoy your find. :cheers:

My old man got lucky yesterday! A first year (1935) Model 42 basically fell into his lap. It's a minty (98%) 3" with a 28" Full tube. I can't wait to

I just bought one out CA, nice little shotgun. I like most pre 64 Winchesters
and have a ton of model 12s
bobby g:cheers:

I love pre-64s and M12s (got a 12 and 16 and now the .410) but pretty much any older Winchester turns me on. My favorite is my 1952 M70 300H&H.

Uncle Buck,

Do you know how much they are, I understand that MEC sells a accessory for the MEC 600 to load the 2.5 inch shell but I need to buy some 2.5 shells so I can reload them. If the Cabelas there sells them maybe the one in Sidney may have some and I can get them on my way to S.D. in October. I am sure they have a hefty shipping price, again thanks

when u are done with it I will take it:), how $ much did it set him back?

I had a 42 Winchester, traded away years ago. Very nice gun. I have had two Browning Citori 410's. Right now I have a Browning Cynergy Feather that has 20/28/410 3 barrel set. I also have a Stoeger 410 SxS Coach gun with 20" barrel's. I had a model 12 Browning in 28ga, sold it. I have a model 12 12ga and 16ga right now. Love them model 12's and A5's. Have a Belgium Mag 20 and a standard 16 in a A5 right now. Looking for a nice vent rib Sweet Sixteen.

Note, I have shot a lot of Grouse with a 410 O/U. shot my first Rooster with a Savage 410/22 O/U. Shot a lot of ducks with a 410 also, years ago of coarse. I bought 4 boxes of federal 410 steel a few weeks back. I plan to hunt ducks a few days with my Cynergy feather with the 410 barrel's.

Enjoy your model 42, they are a sweet heart

Back