Wifes

texasbirdhunter

Anybody out there have a wife that is a avid hunter. I got my wife started pheasant hunting 4 years ago and she got hooked and now she gets really pissed when i don't take her. She's angry with me right now because i told her she couldn't go on every trip this year. Anybody else have a wife that hunts, I would love to get her hooked up with some other women that hunt so she could go with them. I will even let her use one of the dogs. I really don't mind taking her most of the time but not all the time.

Tex you are either nuttier than a fruit cake or fell and bumped your head. If my wife always wanted to hunt with me (and yes she hunts) she would be with me hunting every trip. besides if it is cold I would rather snuggle with her than my lab. For better or worse was the vowels she and I took, she sees me at my worst daily, Hunting which by the way Little Turtle goes on every hunt, he is almost 9 is my better. Mrs Turtle is welcome on all my trips. If the guys dont like it they can kiss my rear and get their stuff out of my truck.

Don't get me wrong I love to hunt with her most of the time but dama guy has to have some me time and go hang with the buds

i been tryin for years to get my wife to at least go and drive the pickup but she doesn't wqant anything to do with it she would rather stay home and cook for us wich is just great

Anybody out there have a wife that is a avid hunter. I got my wife started pheasant hunting 4 years ago and she got hooked and now she gets really pissed when i don't take her. She's angry with me right now because i told her she couldn't go on every trip this year. Anybody else have a wife that hunts, I would love to get her hooked up with some other women that hunt so she could go with them. I will even let her use one of the dogs. I really don't mind taking her most of the time but not all the time.

Tex,
If my wife read a post like this,that I wrote,I would be in big trouble.(but I know what you mean) :cheers:lol

Yea I would be in trouble if she read it too. I guess it beats the heck out of a women who complaines about me being gone hunting all the time like a lot of women do. I guess I better quit complaining myself because it could be a lot worse.

I feel your pain Tex my wife is also an avid hunter it seems the closer it gets for me leaving to go to Kansas the worst her attitude gets.

i think ill hold off on mariage untell i find a women that wants to hunt as much as i do

my wife hates hunting.. but im glad she allows me to go hunting, buy a hunting dog and hunting gear. for my birthday, she bought me some camo underarmor wear. (which was yesterday)

im not complaining though, she does laundry, cleans the house, cooks fantastic food, and everything else... i couldnt ask for more even though she wont let me hang a deer head on a wall in the living room.

Kyle don't wait for that, what you need to do is find one that has family land and brothers that hunt thats what I did! lol like another guy said "absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Kyle don't wait for that, what you need to do is find one that has family land and brothers that hunt thats what I did! lol like another guy said "absence makes the heart grow fonder"

wheres your wife from?

I have been trying to get my wife to take hunter's safety for years. WAAAY back when we were dating, she promised she would. That was about 13 years ago, so I have stopped holding my breath...:rolleyes:

Her current excuse is, "who would watch the kids if both of us were hunting?" Hmmm,,, Good point, honey.:cool: I guess that excuse will work until the kids are old enough to take hunting. We have one that just learned to crawl so maybe I only have 5-7 years to wait. On the positive side, she is very tolerant of my love of hunting. And absence DOES make the heart grow fonder.

Mine at least likes to cook and eat any game or fish harvested. She will on ocasion go fishing. But at least she lets me do what I want as far as hunting and stuff goes. She complains plenty about everything else though.:D

Anderson county, they have a lot of deer and turkey land, but they're puttin in quail buffers and have had a big jump in numbers

My Texas raised wife likes to hunt, at least she says she does, but without the passion I've got. She's killed a couple antelope, pile of doves, some ducks, squirrels and some pheasants. Routinely shoots at the clays ranges around with me, and likes to shoot the .22 in the backyard at the permanent gongs we have.

Its a double edged sword though, she knows what guns we should have in the safe and what the strange one is that didn't used to be there.

She is 8 months pregnant right now, I had to kick and scream to get out for the opener, she said my priorities aren't where they should be.....

Cheesy, good luck with the upcoming addition. Little Turtles grampa had to land his plane on the grass strip in Quinter and fly me and dad to Jeff City Mo so I could see him born. Damn timing, I could have hunted another hour and had time. Dont matter the sex of the kid just be healthy. If it is a girl, they still like to hunt so not to worry. My girl will turn 16 while I am out west shooting roosters. She wants for me to take her and her boyfriend at thanksgiving to shoot roosters as her sweet 16 present. Little does she know her sweet 16 will actually be a Browning "Sweet16".

Back