Who's going out in the snow this weekend, do you like hunting in snow storms?

It looks like a snow storm for Kansas this weekend. Told the wife I had to go. She doesn't understand...
I am leaving from Colorado this afternoon, get into Kansas late tonight.
I have had great success in the past with fresh snow.
Do you guys agree, what do you think??

Hunting phez in snow is great. Me and the dog need a weekend off and we chose this one, the first snowy one of the season. Maybe there will another weekend of snow. A bit of special prep is needed for snow hunting: cut all the hair you can from between the pads of the dog's paws; otherwise ice balls form which will stop your dog while it tries to pull them off.

Hunting fresh snow is the best! Most of the dog pics I post here have snow, a dog and three roosters in them! Inlcuding one this season from 11/19 north of Huron.

I'm going to try and get out west on Monday, hopefully the Snow will still be around. There is nothing better than hunting pheasant with a nice snow on the ground.

I do hope the winter isn't too harsh though, with bird numbers already down the pheasant need some favorable conditions this winter and spring to make a comeback. I was out in Barton county for the opener and the birds were scarce, the following weekend I headed out to Rooks County a little further west and north and things weren't much better.

Good Luck to all. :cheers:

just got in from some killer hunting in the snow and to make it all worth while my youngest son shot not 1 but 2 birds he had his first and second kill all in the same hour

don't have to worry about the orange army down here they are all to lazy to get out of the vehichles

Back