Where is UGUIDE?

Good question. This website losses a great deal when the likes of Uguide and Benelli Banger are not posting. I can tell you the run up to the 2014 Uguide was posting the most interesting and informative stuff and was savaged by some Johnny come lately A$$e$. If I were him I would think twice about posting too much. Some of us were going after the idiots but were warned by the mod to knock it off. Hopefully Uguide, BB, Haymaker and SDJIM will get us going this late summer early fall.
Chip

I have a hard time not responding in a negative manner sometimes when people post negative replies just for the sake of being negative--come on what gives with that. It's a bummer when you post a point of view just to have someone take a shot at you. U-guide really got slammed last fall to the point that several regulars here had enough and spoke up--that's not what this forum is for, disagree if you like but keep it civil. :)

We run some because a lot of posters don't have any manners! Probably not in a blog, and quite possibly in real life! I have spirited disagreement on issues on the blog. I never make it personal, I learned from the perspective of the other view point. I did not see the blog. But, I have seen some other attacks on Uguide, possible jealously, or don't understand the concept and value. I'll tell you this he works hard to make it work! I think Uguide is valuable member, and supporter, has real life knowledge of what it takes to make a living in the hunting sport, knows more about habitat than most of the rest of us! If this isn't the future it's surely part of it. If he is gone, we are diminish as a result! This reflects badly on us all. I like to think because of our devotion to the cause of hunting and preservation would be a barrier to this sort of thing. Maybe the rule should be think about your response, if you elect to respond, is the response objective? does it provide a logical objection, or counterpoint? and it' tone, ( a lot as far as joshing, or kidding, is lost on print ) Remember everyone here has a core value of enjoying pheasant hunting, and appreciation of what it takes to preserve the sport, ( even if you think their misguided! :cheers:).

We run some because a lot of posters don't have any manners! Probably not in a blog, and quite possibly in real life! I have spirited disagreement on issues on the blog. I never make it personal, I learned from the perspective of the other view point. I did not see the blog. But, I have seen some other attacks on Uguide, possible jealously, or don't understand the concept and value. I'll tell you this he works hard to make it work! I think Uguide is valuable member, and supporter, has real life knowledge of what it takes to make a living in the hunting sport, knows more about habitat than most of the rest of us! If this isn't the future it's surely part of it. If he is gone, we are diminish as a result! This reflects badly on us all. I like to think because of our devotion to the cause of hunting and preservation would be a barrier to this sort of thing. Maybe the rule should be think about your response, if you elect to respond, is the response objective? does it provide a logical objection, or counterpoint? and it' tone, ( a lot as far as joshing, or kidding, is lost on print ) Remember everyone here has a core value of enjoying pheasant hunting, and appreciation of what it takes to preserve the sport, ( even if you think their misguided! :cheers:).

Exceptional post O&N! We're dealing with the written word here and we don't have the benefit of all the visual clues that might indicate sarcasm or other innuendo. Further, many feel autonomous behind the keyboard and type things that they wouldn't say to your face. We don't all approach our sport in the same way. Some folks didn't grow up on the creek or on the farm and getting involved at all is hard without guidance. Commercial options allow them to begin their hunting journey and gain the knowledge and experience they need to move along as hunters. It might not be for some of us, but may well be necessary to keep our sport alive. Folks, hunting is a privilege in the USA. Hunters comprise 8-12% of the population. If we get pissy and get into a war at the voting booth, it could end. We are only as strong as our numbers and weakest link allow us to be. If we don't police ourselves, our weakest links may well scuttle us! Our game laws are quite generous and tend to protect our "fair share". We need to not fight amongst ourselves while our enemies pick us apart. I wouldn't be the same person without gun and rod and trap. I wouldn't be as fulfilled without roosters, quail, deer, beaver, bunnies, and bluegill. We need to all do what Mike Christianson is doing and "Pass It On"! Our country has turned over! A bigger % lives in the city now where 100 years ago, they lived in the country. If we could change that back, we would have more game. Small towns in western Kansas would still have motels, restaurants, and gas stations. We need to keep our heads out of the sand and our tongues civil! We all have a perspective and the beauty of it is in the whole as well as the pieces! Good hunting!

My guess is that Chris is resting his mind. He is probably ice fishing and getting away from it for awhile. I enjoy the hunting season and seeing old customers and meeting new ones, and getting to watch different dogs that come through here. However when it is over it is nice to think about something else for awhile. It has been a good winter so far. I think the birds are in good shape, I have not seen any bunching so far this winter and as of now we have no snow so heres hoping for next spring.

My guess is that Chris is resting his mind. He is probably ice fishing and getting away from it for awhile.

That's what I was thinking. I'm not Chris, but I'm sure between running Uguide-service and (I'm guessing he has a full time job) work can be exhausting by mid-season.

Nick

That did get pretty ugly for a time last fall. No reason to pick on a guy like that. I think the couple that were the worst got run. But it does give a guy a reason to take pause at laying himself out there.

We handled the situation as best we could. A couple warnings were issued as well as a couple bans, temporary and permanent.
Been on any other outdoor forums? UPH goes pretty smoothly.
Chris has been on these forums a long time and understands and has a thick skin.
UGUIDES operations are good for the future of wild pheasants. None of us would mind having property next to his habitat projects.
Chris will be back, it's been a very busy Fall, it's unwinding time. :cheers:

This is a good forum with lots of good people here.

Chris is one of the good people here on the forum that I have met in person and would enjoy his company again.

To all, keep up the good work of habitat and passing this love of pheasant hunting on to the next generations.

I'm sure Chris will be back, he is a very busy man so maybe he is just taking a break. He is one of the reason's this forum is what it is and it is a better place with him being a contributor. His knowledge comes from first hand experience and he is an expert in this field! He has contributed a huge amount to this forum!

I'm sure Chris will be back, he is a very busy man so maybe he is just taking a break. He is one of the reason's this forum is what it is and it is a better place with him being a contributor. His knowledge comes from first hand experience and he is an expert in this field! He has contributed a huge amount to this forum!

You have that right

Back