what's your favorite Pheasant mount?

goldeneye

My favorite mount is of two pheasants mounted on an old fence post. The second picture I took of my old GSP next to the mounts. The feathers in the middle are at least 24" I only have three. They bring back many good memories.

mounts006.jpg

[/IMG]
mounts009.jpg

Where is the NO TRESPASSING sign ??????? LOL That is a sweet mount. One of my favorite mounts right there.:thumbsup::10sign:

Nice Mount

My favorite mount is of two pheasants mounted on an old fence post. The second picture I took of my old GSP next to the mounts. The feathers in the middle are at least 24" I only have three. They bring back many good memories.

mounts006.jpg

[/IMG]
mounts009.jpg

Great looking mount. I have no mounts but pheasants do make nice ones.

Goldeneye that is a nice mount. I was thinking about doing one like that this year but did not have the right hunt/memories to go with it. Maybe this year.

very cool! There was a mount in a thread here that I really liked. I can't remember who it was or where but it was a member showing off his lounge room. it was a vertical mount with the head to the floor and the tail to the ceiling. It reminded me of a turkey fan mount. But I like the mount with the fence post and the picture is awesome too. It looks like a perfect match.

Thanks guys for the compliments on the mount. I have seen many mounts on this site people put up but I don't remember seeing any pheasant mounts? I would like to do a Ruff Grouse beating his chest on a antler shed. And I was just looking for more ideas. So come on guys let me see them.

Little back ground on the birds one was shot in MN 1/4 mile from the house (left bird) and the one on the right was taken in Iowa both birds I would have never recovered if it was not for the dog So I wanted her to be part of the whole thing the picture Just makes the mount that much better.

UGuide I do like the fighting birds.:thumbsup:
The wife called me at work to say there was a rooster mating with two hens last night behind the house she tried to get pictures but She says he got stage fright?:rolleyes: I would have so posted that pic.

Here's mine but the mounts don't seem to last long

roast-pheasant-prickly-pear-glaze.jpg

Great mounts Goldeneye and UGUIDE

Onpoint
Thats not even fair.
I think the boys and I should stop over one of these days for a closer look at that bird.:10sign:
I'll hang a NO Trespassing sign on it for BleuBijou :D

Goldeneye, Just had roast ducks last night.

Your always welcome, nothing facy but you will go home full and happy..LOL

@onpoint--LOL, that is a GORGEOUS mount - but you are right, it wouldn't last 5 minutes in front of me! :cheers:

@UGUIDE--I really like those fighting roosters, that's a pretty unique mount! :thumbsup:

I do have a couple of the typical stander & flier mounts...but my favorite I have ever seen by far (which I have also seen done with ducks as well), is of several roosters hanging naturally by their necks from a game strap as if they were the freshly collected bounty of yet another good day afield. :)

@BleuBijou--U r right, goldeneye's beautiful mount is just begging for a No Trespassing sign to make the scene complete! :p

Back