What gundo you shoot most in the off season?

onpoint

Beretta 686 Onyx Pro 12ga

How about yourself?

Beretta A-L -2 12 gauge! But it's the same gun I shoot the most during the season also. I've had it since 1971.

Beretta A400 Xcel sporting with 30" barrel and Kick Off stock. It is my clays gun and I shoot the heck out of it in the off season.

Looks to be a "Beretta" off season. I shoot my 687 Onyx Pro for Trap. So we have a few who like the clay games in the off season. that's great.

Many years ago I had an 870 Trap gun that saw plenty of use, but I no longer shoot trap and I've resisted the urge to buy a true target gun (although I sometimes think about it). I shoot skeet and sporting clays with a rotation of my field guns. Might be a 16 or 12 OU, or a 16 gauge "humpback," or my SxS, or my 12 do-all auto. They all see action in the off season.

Last edited:
Mossberg Silver Reserve 12ga O/U for skeet, trap and sporting clays.

New old gun

I'm gonna be shooting a Sweet 16 that I just bought and will pick up on Wednesday. I hope I can hit something with it. Haven't shot a humpback since high school so we'll see how that all goes. Paid a little too much I think, but it looks to be in good shape. 1976 model made in Belgium. Have to read up on my sweet 16 history now and see when they started making them in Japan.

1976 is the last year of the Belgium

I assume it is full choke, or is it something else. Great guns, I have two that I truely enjoy shooting. I have been shooting my browning special sporting in the off season and I use it during the season as well.

Sweet 16

It has a modified barrel and a vent rib. I suppose all those later models had ribs. I also picked up a nib citori white lightning 16 earlier this winter that I'm anxious to shoot. I'm wondering if I should sell my Benelli M2 field 12 because I know it will lay under the bed but it is such a great gun and it fits me so well that I'm reluctant to part with it. Hard to know what to do.

I shoot them all, and as much as I can.
I haven't shot registered clay games for years, but shoot about 300 games of trap and skeet every summer to keep tuned for the fall.
If i were only shooting one gun I wouldn't worry so much.
DT

This summer I have been shooting my Remington 870 Wingmaster 28ga and my
Franchi Affinity 20ga.

Last edited:
Browning

I mostly shoot my Browning Citori Plus trap gun. But, now that trap league is over, I'll shoot some skeet with my Winchester 16 ga. Model 12 and the Super Black Eagle. Those two will be going to South Dakota this fall......again! :D

Lock and Load! :D:D

I live by the moto of "one gun for everything", I see way to many people by one gun for this and one for that. Pheasant Forever magazine has a great article on getting guns fitted.

So, to answer the question it used to be a Browning Citori with no cast. Now it is a Beretta 687 with a custom made stock 9/16" cast on. I shoot the same gun for trap, skeet, sporting clays, geese, doves, etc. So far so good with a fitted stock.:cheers:

I live by the moto of "one gun for everything", I see way to many people by one gun for this and one for that.
C'mon Browning, what's the fun in having only one gun? Besides haven't you heard... the one who dies with the most guns wins. :thumbsup:

So, to answer the question it used to be a Browning Citori with no cast. Now it is a Beretta 687 with a custom made stock 9/16" cast on. I shoot the same gun for trap, skeet, sporting clays, geese, doves, etc. So far so good with a fitted stock.:cheers:

What have you gone and done now.. You've gone over to the dark side. :eek: For a little over $200 and change you could've had an adjustable comb put on your Citori and gotten more then enough cast. Us Citori guys have to stand strong and not let the Italians take over....;):cheers:

I'm embarassed at the lack of shooting I've done in the last year.

When I do shoot, its usually the same gun I carry in the field, Beretta AL391.

The CZ452 .22 gets the rifle duties.

Back