Vikings finally get a gift

Are we going to be able to get the game in the out lying areas?

rumors are saying that its only going to be broadcast on Directv Sunday Ticket only. no dish netork or cable tv will recieve this game. it will be broadcast locally in MINN cities as well as NY cities. NO espn will carry this game due to conflicting of Monday Night Football schedule.

if you know anyone who has DIRECTV, i suggest make plans to watch it there IF you are wanting to watch. that person has to have sunday's ticket programming to get it.

FOX40 Restricted From Carrying NY Giants vs. Vikings Game
As of Monday, the New York Giants vs. Vikings game can only be broadcast in five cities throughout the United States due to ESPN's exclusivity for Monday Night Football.

New York City, Albany, NY, Minneapolis, Rochester, MN and Mankato, MN will be the only cities allowed to broadcast the games. These cities were chosen due to their markets and contracts with ESPN.

The game will also be broadcast on NFL Directv Sunday's Ticket.

Last edited:
believe me, it wouldnt be funny if you were the one prepared for a DOME game then they said no refund but it will be played at the Un of Minn field. mind you, i spent 600.00 for these tickets. with no COLD gear... i cant sell my tickets on site (scalping laws) i dunno what id do. id hope the vikings cheerleaders could keep me warm but i bet they wouldnt be out on the field in below wind chill.

boobies keep me warm. :beer:

There would be no chance I'd be out there in that cold of weather. Especially since U of M doesn't allow booze at the field.

Favre is listed inactive for the game vs giants.

Hank Baskett WR Inactive
Chris Cook CB Inactive
Ray Edwards DE Inactive
Fred Evans DT Inactive
Brett Favre QB Inactive Not the third QB. Not active at all.
Percy Harvin WR Inactive Harvin misses another game. Rice is a great play.
Steve Hutchinson G Inactive
Tarvaris Jackson QB Active Jackson will start tonight.
Tyrell Johnson SS Inactive
Other LinksScoreboard Standings Stats NFL Tickets Directory NFL Ticket Exchange

Brett's 297 starts will end tonight.

An historic era in NFL annals is ending on Monday as Brett Favre will be left out of the starting lineup for the first time since 1992.

Favre, dealing with effects of a shoulder strain suffered on Dec. 5, will see his NFL-record streak of 297 straight regular-season starts end in the Minnesota Vikings' game against the New York Giants in Detroit

Last edited:
There would be no chance I'd be out there in that cold of weather. Especially since U of M doesn't allow booze at the field.

That would make me feel better. I have the chance to work the bears vikings game for security and I hate dealing with drunk idiots, especially when we have to leave DSM at 3 am.

That would make me feel better. I have the chance to work the bears vikings game for security and I hate dealing with drunk idiots, especially when we have to leave DSM at 3 am.

Well lock them up! For the good guys who just love their beer and can act like civilized human beings... they ruin it for us. To Beer!

:cheers:

Haha, I wish I could webguy. We're are just the lowly guys in the yellow CSC shirts that hang out. It's really too bad some guys can't control themselves after a few beers. I have no problem with drinking or drinking more than you should, just people's behaviors after words. Thankfully I haven't been drinking too much beer as of late, been on a rum kick with this cold weather. :D

yah if you lived in MN, youd be likely to get the game, if you lived in albany or new york, NY, you had it on locals.. anywhere else like that are fans had to watch it on Directv Sunday's Ticket.

MOST bars carry the Sunday's ticket if they have Directv.

No Web will start Sundays game. They signed Pat Ramsey to back him up. I hope Webb holds up......Bob

this is gotta be the worst team right now. Dome is damaged, brett is pretty much done, tj cant get rid of his damn rug burns, web is a rookie, they're gonna play in a stadium that holds 15K less than the metrodome, means whoever had those 15K tickets that wont be able to go will probably be not be refunded. (all i know is IF the game NY Giants vs Vikings had moved to UN of MINN, our tickets would NOT be refunded bc that game still took place in minneapolis even if they didnt seat us. was a fact after several calls were made saturday morning the day before the game day)

going to be an interesting weekend. its suppose to be in the HIGH 18-19 for the weekend... i dont think i can last 10 mins let alone 3 hours on a field.

Last edited:
Favre's shoulder is still bothering him and he said he might have played his last down.

TJ was put on injured reserve and appears to be done for the year. and he won't be back next year. YEAH!

Joe Webb is the man. FC finally got his wish. :)

They signed Patrick Ramsey today for backup.

An ugly season just got real ugly. But I am anxious to see how Webb does.

It will be fun seeing what Webb does.
They say he is the best all around athlete on the team.
When you have Percy and Adrian, I don't know.:eek:
Lots of rookie QB have started over the years in the NFL.
Fran Tarkington did, became an star right from the start.
No one seems to think Webb will do well?
He does have a difficult situation, I hope he does well.

Back