Vikings finally get a gift

BleuBijou

Vikes can't lose today!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yup, not today.:D But what about the bronco's? Oh that's right, they play the card's, so it's a pick em. lol:cheers:

Yup, not today.:D But what about the bronco's? Oh that's right, they play the card's, so it's a pick em. lol:cheers:

The Broncos were not going anywhere this year! The Vikes had everything in place talent wise to contend for a championship!!! So I am sure it hurts the Vikes fans more than us bronco fans!!! Hope you all get a new facility, as that one looks a little weak!!!!:cheers:

P.S. send some of that snow this way as we are very dry and warm!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope you all get a new facility, as that one looks a little weak!!!!:cheers:

Hey !! come on now. What do expect for a $68 million dollar multipurpose dome. Now if you compare it to Jerry Jones $1.2 BILLION dollar stadium, I think we got a pretty good deal HUH !!! :D

Stop the presses, the whole metrodome has collapsed!

Gotta love the news hype.

The dome roof has deflated before, including a few times when it was brand spanking new. Problem is it can take a few days to get it inflated again.

If they play at the new U of MN stadium the giants will run all over them. Peterson ain't a cold weather/mudder guy either.

Probably wouldn't have been a problem but the crews that keep the roof going were pulled off when the winds were whipping in the 30 MPH+ range. That would have been at ground level--probably a good 40+ up there. I wouldn't want to be up there with a fire hose during that kind of weather either.

What gets me is why the Giants waited so late to leave. The NFL wouldn't want to play up the problem in an effort to get public financing for a new stadium, would they? Naw....

The dome roof has deflated before, including a few times when it was brand spanking new. Problem is it can take a few days to get it inflated again.

True, but I don't think it ever deflated like this before. More than just a deflate, a gaping hole. :eek:

If they play at the new U of MN stadium the giants will run all over them. Peterson ain't a cold weather/mudder guy either.
Now this would be an interesting scenario as the U of M stadium holds roughly 40k people and the metrodome which is usually sold out just over 60k. There might be 20K unhappy fans who had tickets that might be a little Pzzzd off. At least they would have to be reimbursed somehow. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Stop the presses, the whole metrodome has collapsed!

Gotta love the news hype.

The option was out there to use U of MINN field but the Giants didnt bring their COLD GEAR with them so that was not an option. the way adrian runs, he be slipping and fumbling like crazy. Giants had played in this kind of weather before but still be frigid cold wind chill. theres alot of factors. now its being played in detroit tmr since the FOX camera crews are already there, they will just spend a night and film the vikings giants game to save them money than to move to ST Louis or Indy fields.

the dome had problems when it was built. it caved in in 81, 82, 83 and 86 and now 2010. so whatever they did in 86 to fix it lasted 24 years, they probably just needed a new cover or restructure the bars to support the roof.

I was at one of the collapses in the 80's at the Twins game. Lots of rain that game!

couldnt be 1981... stadium wasnt open til 1982.. but 81, 82, 83, 86, and then 2010.

I still vote them to get a SOLID roof instead of a teflon roof that they have now.

Ain't nothing alittle duct tape can't cure. Look close at the footage of the roof collapsing I think it's Farve tearing it open:)

That engineer and architect may have forgot where they were building this stadium!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't snow in Minnesota!!!!??????? LOL:cheers:

Well at least you guys do not have the worst team in the league!!!! I am watching this Bronco game and am in awe!!!!! I am just about out of liquor and I am still in pain watching this!!! Horrible!!! I need to head out and stand next to GCB's fire and have a good time and forget football!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Well at least you guys do not have the worst team in the league!!!! I am watching this Bronco game and am in awe!!!!! I am just about out of liquor and I am still in pain watching this!!! Horrible!!! I need to head out and stand next to GCB's fire and have a good time and forget football!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Bleu,

I am sorry But, your giving up to soon, being from Arizona, I am shure the cards, will find a way to screw this up. that's what they do.:D

The option was out there to use U of MINN field but the Giants didnt bring their COLD GEAR with them so that was not an option.

Actually that wasn't the main reason they couldn't use the U of M stadium. The vikings were told by the U of M that it would take several days to get the stadium ready for an NFL game. The stadium currently has been shut down for the season.

The Giants could have had their cold weather gear flown in, so that wasn't the main reason.

That engineer and architect may have forgot where they were building this stadium!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't snow in Minnesota!!!!??????? LOL:cheers:

How true that is. Although I don't recall it deflating during the great Halloween blizzard of '91 that dropped 28" of snow in two days.

Actually that wasn't the main reason they couldn't use the U of M stadium. The vikings were told by the U of M that it would take several days to get the stadium ready for an NFL game. The stadium currently has been shut down for the season.

The Giants could have had their cold weather gear flown in, so that wasn't the main reason.

true.. cold gear wasnt there and yes i knew they could of had it flown in... but again it only seats 40K people and not 60K. Un of Minn field would be a chaos too. it was better to move the game to another nfl stadium field and they did.

Back