Upland pheasant vest.

COWAN

does anyone know of any vests that don't have orange on them? I really like the Carhart upland vest, just don't like all the orange on them.

If you look around, you can find The BV15 Tenzing Upland Vest which is a loden green with an orange panel you can attach if you want to. I think Bass Pro Shops still has them and they show up here & there on the internet. The current BV16 vest is identical but has integral orange.

The Tenzing Upland vest is the best I've ever used. My first was a BV15, last year I sold it and got a BV16 specifically for the increased orange coverage.

I can appreciate your personal thought on the orange but I've seen more dogs shot without a vest (no orange) than with one wearing orange. Just my two cents but put yourself in the dog's shoes; I'm betting they want to be seen by a hunter.

I can appreciate your personal thought on the orange but I've seen more dogs shot without a vest (no orange) than with one wearing orange. Just my two cents but put yourself in the dog's shoes; I'm betting they want to be seen by a hunter.

Jim, I think he is talking about a vest for himself, not the dog. Although I personally encourage everyone hunting upland birds to wear orange as it is a safety issue. But we have had that discussion on this site before and there are those that refuse to wear orange.

LOL...that's funny. I was reading the title of one post and typing on another. Oh well, my age is showing. I'd still wear orange along with my GSP's. Thanks for the heads up.

That's really sad to hear. How many dogs have you seen shot?

Me and my buddies have been running dogs on birds, rabbits, and ducks for a long time, and we've never shot a dog, and not one them has ever worn orange.

Sure don't want to hijack the thread but two due to over zealous hunters not waiting for birds to clear. Young dogs as well that came up with the birds. One lived, one had to be put down in the field.

Sure don't want to hijack the thread but two due to over zealous hunters not waiting for birds to clear. Young dogs as well that came up with the birds. One lived, one had to be put down in the field.
I'm not sure that orange would have made a difference in that situation. I don't hunt with anyone I don't trust for this very reason. A bird isn't worth anyone's dog.

This is for me, not my dog. I wear an orange hat.

Yes, sorry...I was looking at a dog vest issue and typing on yours. My bad. Good on the orange hat.

Well there it is, looks like a great vest and they have it with blaze orange for the rest of us...same money

Back