UPH MN Hunt?????

Tbear

UPH Master
So are we going to do a UPH MN hunt again this year? :thumbsup: Whats same place, same time? Whats everyone thinking?

I'm in. We just have to make sure about birds

Are you guys thinking about using the Minnesota Heartland Preserve by Granite Falls again this year? I can sure give them a call and see what their bird situation is. We are having 2 NSTRA trials there this spring. March 17-18 and April 28-29. So those weekends would be out.

Hi George,

I believe Major Avenue, has birds. We were scheduled to hunt yesterday but cancelled due to the weather. Believe they have chuckers and hen pheasants - not certain about roosters.

In the past they bought their birds from a Wis. source.

Jon

Are you guys thinking about using the Minnesota Heartland Preserve by Granite Falls again this year? I can sure give them a call and see what their bird situation is. We are having 2 NSTRA trials there this spring. March 17-18 and April 28-29. So those weekends would be out.

Im ok with going there again. It seamed to be kinda central for everyone. I Cant do March 10th or March 24th other than that im open. Let me know how I can help.

Im ok with going there again. It seamed to be kinda central for everyone. I Cant do March 10th or March 24th other than that im open. Let me know how I can help.

I can't do March 10-18th either. We will be out of town.

How about a late February hunt?

how about more than 1 event! i am always looking to get out but don't have many people to go with. how do these events go? does everyone bring there dogs out or what? how does it work if some have pointers and some have flushers?

how about more than 1 event! i am always looking to get out but don't have many people to go with. how do these events go? does everyone bring there dogs out or what? how does it work if some have pointers and some have flushers?

We could do more than one, just need to get enough people on board. Last year at the hunt by Granite Falls everyone brought their own dog. With all the dogs it's best if everyone has just one. We tried to run the pointers and flushers in different fields.

I'll show up, buy ya know my deal, not on trial dates either. I'll look at the date list.

Same here. March 17-18, April 14-15, April 28-29, May 12-13 and May 26-28 are all NSTRA trial dates for me. Looks like a lot of windshield time for me. :( Two trails in Granite Falls, MN, one in Oakes, ND, one in Williston, ND and one in Savage, MT.

I wouldn't mind meeting you bunch of rowdy,s. :cheers:

I would love to join.. Would not be able to bring a dog. Let me know if everyone is welcome!

Everyone is welcome! It should be fun if you dont have a dog you can pick what breed you want to hunt behind. Hope to see you there Rooster.

@ Zeb what can I do to help? What date are you thinking? I know the preserve in granite was out of rooster last time I went there in late december.

Sounds great! Let me know when the dates are. Thanks guys!

How does March 3rd work for everyone?

I can call some preserves tomorrow to see if anyone has big enough fields and some roosters left.

Someone has to take the lead and organize this. I did last year but with all the NSTRA trials I have coming up this spring I don't want to be the one this year. Sorry. I see March 3rd is a date that has come up. That could be a little early but I guess whatever works for the majority is fine.

Back