Two Toms Bagged!

That's a great story! I hope it works out for you when you go back there.

I know we have missed the "show" for the most part, but I just purchased my tag last Friday. Taking my 7yo daughter out this Friday afternoon. We had planned to go out last weekend, but blown tires and thunder were conspiring against us... She was pretty disappointed, so I'm really hopeful that our luck turns around this weekend.

Bad thing is, the "show" was pretty much over before firearms season even started this year! There are still some Toms that will work for ya, at least there was last weekend.

Good luck! I'll be back out this weekend as well. :cheers:

Yep went back got the lic/tag from the landwoner and then managed to blow a chip shot on a longbeard at 20 yards. I was expecting him to come in on my right but as luck would have it he popped put on my left rear at 10 YARDS:eek:.
I had just set my call down when he caught my movement. Needless to say he turned and ran before I could get my gun on him. The birds are coming to calls and were still gobbling pretty good this morning, but really didn't see them searching out hen's till after 9am.

Off to 6th grade camp tomrrow evening and then my hunt a spot on my way home thursday.

Good Luck Toad ...BTW sleep in then be patient.

I second both (good luck and sleep in)! I haven't bothered getting out early all season, just because the Toms have been with the hens first thing since the opener, for the most part.

Although I too like to sleep I have had more success while guiding my clients by intercepting Mr Tom before he gets with his ladies. This means a fair amount of scouting and knowing where they like to pitch down at. You have also got to get in plenty early since you will often times be within 100 yds of the roost. I was able get two more birds killed by clients Sunday by 730. Leaves plenty of time for coffee and breakfast.

Thanks guys!

We had a hen wander through our front yard tonight while the kids were playing in the yard and my wife and I were sitting on the porch. She just walked along the tree line, surveying the situation, and then walked back into the woods. Crazy birds!

I sure hope the gobblers are as inquisitive on Friday. Especially since my calling leaves something do be desired...:eek:

Back