This weeks SW Minn pics 01-29-09

cnggack

StuartsMid01-29-0915.jpg

StuartsN01-29-0927.jpg

StuartsN01-29-0945.jpg

Stuartseast01-29-095.jpg

StuartsMid01-29-0920.jpg

WOW! WOW! WOW! Just can't put into words. Thanks for keeping me going. Just went out this morning to run the dog. No birds, no tracks, but did get a good run in! Thanks for sharing the pics. They are awesome!

Rod

:coolpics:keep em' comin'

Sure is neat to see that many deer lined up like that. And the rooster lacking color, I wonder if that is really what he looks like or if the sun is playing havoc with the pic. Either way, those are great pics!

Thanks

That gold bird is really nice. Looks like he is this years bird and he will live to pass that gene along. Do not know, but suspect it is regressive, but a hen or two in the flock should have it.

This bird, on the wall is some where between the "gold bird" and a more standard rooster. The shoulder patches are not brown and he is lighter overall.
________
IB TRANSMISSION

Last edited:
That gold bird is really nice. Looks like he is this years bird and he will live to pass that gene along. Do not know, but suspect it is regressive, but a hen or two in the flock should have it.

This bird, on the wall is some where between the "gold bird" and a more standard rooster. The shoulder patches are not brown and he is lighter overall.
can't get a download on the pics, tho I have in past. How do you do it?
________
M40

Last edited:
Good job on the pics. Your antlered to non antler ratio is about the same as mine.:(

I used to think that the pheasants rendered onto canvas by artists such as Millette and Maas were a little too idealistic for my taste. Needless to say, after seeing your incredible pics I realize that they are just extremely accurate at painting what they actually see. I keep telling myself that your pics can't be real but you have posted way to many of them for me to continue to doubt.

These pics are incredible and I am thankful that you take the time to post them for our pleasure. Every time I see them I realize again why I miss so many shots as I have a tendency to pull my chin off the gun and just watch in amazement as these beautiful birds fly away.

Thanks!!

cnggack,

To all those who have thanked you I say 'DITTO'!!!! Those are some truly awesome pics! :10sign: That golden is a beautiful bird!

How many days until November 9th? That will be my first day in the field in SD!!!

Man just looking at that those make something I haven't been in a long time. "Homesick"

cnggack, these photos make me want to setup a pheasant web cam link featuring your fine work!

Back