This pretty spot on!

Sorry!

I was not attacking you! He has an opinion is all. Like all of us. I thought he was off on me too. I just laughed!

Lazlo

Poor article. 4 flushing breeds, only one pointing breed and the one at the extreme end of the spectrum.

The writer must be a Midwest hunter and only knows the way they hunt in large groups. With flushing dogs and walking/driving large fields. That was a very poorly written article. If I turned something like that into my publisher in my writing days. I would have told rewrite it or give it waste basket........Bob

Funny i hunt with a good buddy that is a die hard Lab man, and he doesn't fit the mold at all. I have always poked fun at all of his high dollar gear. He brings walkie talkies, 4 different types of boots, takes 2hrs to pack all his crap in my truck, and the same to unload at hotel. Me i am a meat and potatoes pointer guy. My dad was a pointer guy and so were all of his friends. I am hardly a loner, i love to get out and meet people of all types. Point is i love hunting with my buddy and we are hardly alike. Yeah the article kinda sucked and was hardly spot on. He forgot about GSP guys and their whistles and strong lungs:D

On another note: hey FC i have a blaze orange fedora if you need it:D

This reminds me how little sense of humor we are able to muster at our own expense. Article was garbage, in poor taste, but most offensive because it wasn't funny. I hope they don't pay the writers much. Gave up on the NRA when it became obvious that they were more interested in assault rifles and concealed carry than hunters rights, or concerns. I think next time we should start a thread poking fun at each others wives, I doubt it would draw any more fire.

I like the article. It was like reading a Horoscope you never believe it 100% it's just a fun light read. I did not see anything that would be upsetting to anyone in the article.

@Carptom1 (Me i am a meat and potatoes pointer guy.) :thumbsup:

I love how we have such an opinionated group i found that i have some thing in common with parts of the article not all but it was something to read boys/girls a grain of salt is all that's needed every once an awhile! :D

If you did'nt like it then Sbi.....

I've found the overall quality of the American Hunter has really gone downhill. Remember the "Back Page" articles by Jack Douglas Mitchell? I miss ready works like that.

I quit the NRA not because of any political stance. On the contrary, I believe in their mission. But because a month after I renew dues, they send me another statement to renew again, with discounts for 2-3 years, etc., then another one again a month later and it goes on like that constantly.I end up with the impression they are more concerned about fleecing people in their subscription scam more than they are about the issues they represent.

I've found the overall quality of the American Hunter has really gone downhill. Remember the "Back Page" articles by Jack Douglas Mitchell? I miss ready works like that.

I quit the NRA not because of any political stance. On the contrary, I believe in their mission. But because a month after I renew dues, they send me another statement to renew again, with discounts for 2-3 years, etc., then another one again a month later and it goes on like that constantly.I end up with the impression they are more concerned about fleecing people in their subscription scam more than they are about the issues they represent.

That is exactly how I was feeling about them. Now if you don't mind I am headed out to visit with people of better stature then you fellows, I must dawn my knickers. And tweed jacket. Sorry boys I have moved up in the world. Tally Ho.:D

Good show FC, stiff upper lip and all that rot. Cinch up your braces, grab your walking stick, keep to schedule, and carry on! Don't let the rabble get you down.

Back