"The Flush"

quail hound

PF's new show "The Flush" starts Sunday at 8:30am eastern time on the Outdoor channel. They'll be chasing roosters, chukars, and huns in Idaho's Hells Canyon. Who will be tuning in? I will, I hope good.

Wish I got the outdoor channel, but here in the sticks I have to make my own entertainment. Shoot, bet it is even in color.;)

I tell you, a good crisp fall morning would sure feel good at the moment and add in a cackling rooster and it would be perfect.

PF's new show "The Flush" starts Sunday at 8:30am eastern time on the Outdoor channel. They'll be chasing roosters, chukars, and huns in Idaho's Hells Canyon. Who will be tuning in? I will, I hope good.

Thanks for the reminder QH. I'm going to ask my neighbor to DVR the show. It will be nice to have a hunting show focused on pheasants:thumbsup:

I can't wait, I guess we could take up a collection for M R B but :) who knows if they can get the Outdoor channel to him, I have heard they pump sunlight to him

Lol. Don't feel bad Byrd I've never had cable in my life, I'm having someone record it for me too and yeah one of those fall mornings sounds real good right about now.

I can't wait, I guess we could take up a collection for M R B but :) who knows if they can get the Outdoor channel to him, I have heard they pump sunlight to him

True, and they have to pump turned up a little too high at the moment.

What do you think about the kerosene prices? Man, what are they doing to me?

Here I am a life member of PF and don't get the show.:(

Lol. Don't feel bad Byrd I've never had cable in my life

You're not missing out on a whole lot. My wife and I recently canceled our cable. Too much trash for us to bare. Besides the hunting shows and the walking dead series, I don't miss it. :)

I think you have the time wrong. The following was taken directly from PF's web site:

Coming to Outdoor Channel July 1, “The Flush” will air Wednesdays at 8:30 am, Saturdays at 3 am and Sundays at 3:30 pm (all time eastern).

The show was good and the country was beautiful but the dog work seemed a bit lack luster. When they started busting those coveys of huns at the end looked right up my alley but I would've rather fished for smallies rather than steelhead but hey I'm a bass fisherman.:cheers:

Anyone watch any The Flush after the first week? I liked the show in Canada but the last one with the pheasant hunt in Winner, SD got kind of boring. After the first 15-20 pheasant shot it started to get quite redundant and I deleted the recording. Probably tough to have a pheasant hunting show on every week and do something different. I'd like to see them do a series using different dogs each week. I have a feeling the show won't last real long.

Ron Schara has a voice like a favorite old sweater but for some reason the bandana on the lab bit is getting a mite old.
Have not watched an entire episode....more like an PF informercial and I already drink that Kool-aid.

I liked the concept of the "road trip" episode a lot, but the episode was a little vanilla. They should follow my buddies and I when we go on a rooster road trip. Wait, no, it's better if our wives don't see us at our "best".:rolleyes: On second thought, it is a good thing our conversations are not recorded...:laugh: Anyway, I don't think it would hurt anything for the show be a bit more relaxed.

But I've still got it DVRed. So far they have done some really cool hunts. Bucket list types of bird hunts, really... And I like that they have been mixing public and private land hunts.

I like the Ron Schara Winner show. Reminded me of when I first went hunting in SD. Pancake breakfast at the 4H on Sunday morning.

I think he did a good job of capturing the spirit of what a SD opener is like and all that goes with it.

If you ever have a chance to meet Ron you will find he is very passionate about habitat and conservation and the outdoors.

I really enjoyed the show as well. My wife even watched it with me and she enjoyed it also. I look forward to the coming shows.

Bob

BOOOO! My guide said "Kansas Opener", but it was just a rerun from last season with new intros. I wanted to see the Kansas opener. :mad: and they didn't even have the decency to hunt in Kansas.... Heathens...

Back