The Boar's Nest--week 9

Looking for a hunter or 2 to fill a group of 4 or 5 for UGUIDE's Boar's Nest camp. Hunt dates are December 12, 13, and 14; lodging for 11-14 included. The cost is $502/hunter.

The property has already been paid in full so this isn't just something we're talking about:) Our group won't be loud and safety will remain our top priority. If you prefer to hunt alone while you're there, we'll talk and see if we can come to an agreement.

KB. I'm going to see if I can swing those dates, I'll get back to you soon.:cheers:

Opening accepted!

Looking forward to it Robert!

We may have quite a gathering of long-time UPHr's in December:cheers:

Last edited:
I am so excited, I can't wait!:cheers:

Robert,

Now Cali guy, no flip flops and shorts hunting SD in December:D. You do have time to knit those pretty dogs some orange sweaters so they don't get too cold:D. Looking forward meeting up with you guy's for a little pre-hunt

BTW... Don't forget the flags, bring the big ones those cattails can be pretty deep:thumbsup:

Robert,

Now Cali guy, no flip flops and shorts hunting SD in December:D. You do have time to knit those pretty dogs some orange sweaters so they don't get too cold:D. Looking forward meeting up with you guy's for a little pre-hunt

BTW... Don't forget the flags, bring the big ones those cattails can be pretty deep:thumbsup:

Lol! That's good stuff Tom.

I'm def interested KB! I NEED something like this in the worst of ways, & the Dec date should give me plenty of time to heal-up a little from the fresh, festering wounds right now from the very recent loss of my son...
I'll PM you when I get a sec

HHR,

Please join us! We have a 5-day trip planned, which includes a lot of UPH interaction and some great habitat:thumbsup:

Count Me IN!!! Check your PM :thumbsup: :cheers:

Been wantin to try out one of UGUIDE's places forever & meeting up with a bunch of the UPH boyz is a plus! Will be my first SD rooster-chase FINALLY, although I did get to do a little spring turkey-hunting & walleye-fishing near Platte with a group of lifelong friends back in April...

If anybody is ever looking for a class-act little more upscale operation (most of those type places are a little too rich for my blood), it would be hard for any amount of money to beat what Tom & Nova have going on with both high-quality phez hunting & premier walleye fishing + the incredible accommodations & food @ 'Platte Creek Lodge'! They are top-shelf, hard-working, honest/trustworthy peeps!

Hey Tom, I'm having my mom knit all the pups one of these out fits and some booties, I also ordered them some of those doggles and one of those sweet nose guards your dog is wearing in that other thread. I can't have my babies getting cold or beat up out there.;)

Dog-Sweater-Dog-Poop-Pick-up-Longmont-Colorado_zps087491cc.jpg

Robert, It will be nice to meet you I'll be wearing my Sasquatch Christmas sweater and here is one my dog wears, it was inspired by Dr. Seuss. I didn't even get honorable mention at the X-Mas party however I believe that the urban dictionary meaning of my holiday shirt that you pointed out may have led to my demise.

squatch_zpsf43ea59d.jpg

blizzard4_zps19b7e410.jpg

Ahahahaha!!! Lmao! I had completely forgot about your Christmas sweater.:D We had better not have too many :beer::beer: lest we end up on a late night "gone squatchin" mission.:eek:

Indeed, :thumbsup: I was looking at last years numbers and the bird count numbers started low and went up as the season went along. Are you driving all the way up?

Yep we're driving. Hopefully I can take i80 all the way out.

Yep we're driving. Hopefully I can take i80 all the way out.

If you are coming across on I80 when you get to North Platte, NE go north on US Hwy 83. That will take up into central SD.

I was debating routes and I think I decided to go I70 instead, I just dislike driving south in Ca unless its to hunt gambels out near Mojave.

I've been looking at some satellite maps of the area and I understand why there are pheasants out there. Almost every section has some type of slough, shelter belt, creek bed or something on it.:eek: I am definitely not use to seeing that.

Back