Stoeger vs. Benelli

just a $1,000 difference is one thing separating them, nothing cash won't cure:)

I know there is a big price difference, but aside from that how is the quality? I had one guy tell me they are nearly identical internally. A few other guys told me the Stoeger is a different design and is not built with the same quality.

Both inertia driven Benelli design. Fit and finish plus weight difference. It's Chevrolet or Cadillac. They both get you there but price leads to a little more luxury. The SBE is a smooth shooting machine.

However, my son just bought the new A400 Beretta and says his SBE just went to the back of the bus. I have a new Maxus and love it. Good luck with your choice.

Jim

Jim nailed that one on the head. The Benelli also has the ComforTech stock as well. I have the A400 as well and love it.

Lots of info here: www.benelliusa.com

Several post on the differences between Stoeger and Benelli. I have had several Benelli's and loved the way they felt but couldn't shoot them worth a darn with the exception of my 20ga M1. Got the Maxus and bingo...dead birds. Just my 02 cents; if you're going to drop Benelli type $, then I would take a long look at the Browning Maxus or Beretta A400.

If the 3500 is like the 2000, the recoil spring is under the forearm instead of in the stock. A plus in my books. It uses the same bolt design as the SBE and other Benelli's. Yes it doesn't have the fit and finish of the high priced SBEII. Some have had outstanding luck with the 2000 others have not. Take that for what it's worth, pretty much any gun had has that kind of feed back.

Doesn't Benelli own Stoeger? I thought they were all under the parent corp. like Franchi, Fab-Arms, etc.

Yes they are. I just read online (for what it is worth) that the Benelli is made in Italy and the Stoeger is made in Turkey with less "stringent" tolerances.

Lots of info here: www.benelliusa.com

Several post on the differences between Stoeger and Benelli. I have had several Benelli's and loved the way they felt but couldn't shoot them worth a darn with the exception of my 20ga M1. Got the Maxus and bingo...dead birds. Just my 02 cents; if you're going to drop Benelli type $, then I would take a long look at the Browning Maxus or Beretta A400.

I have the opposite issue. I have a Benelli Montefeltro that I shoot very well with. I use a Remington 11-87 in the duck blind and I can't hit a bird to save my life with it. This weekend I shot Benelli's out duck hunting and shot great percentages, especially for me, on ducks.

I have the opposite issue. I have a Benelli Montefeltro that I shoot very well with. I use a Remington 11-87 in the duck blind and I can't hit a bird to save my life with it. This weekend I shot Benelli's out duck hunting and shot great percentages, especially for me, on ducks.

I had not given this much thought until now, but since I bought my Benelli Montefeltro super 90, It is the only shotgun I have used in field. I might have to make an effort to drag out some of my other shotguns this year.:)

Go figure--can't shoot trap at all with SBE. Do great on waterfowl with it and pretty good on pheasant if on the pubby, but I am almost 100% with SXS on pheasants.

Have you checked the Remington's stock drop and fit to you. That do have quite a to do with hitting a bird. Also measure to see how much your hunting cloths change the Remington's fit......Bob

Back