Stock Market

Hey webguy...
You might find this an interesting read...or not
"The reclusive hedge-fund tycoon behind the trump presidency" by Jane Mayer.
It's a magazine article, not a book.....sheds some light on how money is behind our present day politics...I am sure the same phenomena applies to both parties...with Bernie Sanders possibly being an outlier....

Hey webguy...
You might find this an interesting read...or not
"The reclusive hedge-fund tycoon behind the trump presidency" by Jane Mayer.
It's a magazine article, not a book.....sheds some light on how money is behind our present day politics...I am sure the same phenomena applies to both parties...with Bernie Sanders possibly being an outlier....
Bernie isn't an outlier, or at least not when you consider spousal assets.

One of the crypto etfs I've been watching for a week. Guess I should have jumped in.

RIOT is up roughly 30% today.
Man up Chestle! Get in and send screenshots to the group on how you are doing. Maybe we need to make a little group here called Ultimate Pheasant Hunting Bets. ;) :LOL:

One of my friends employees borrowed 10K from his dad and had a gain of 100K on Gamestop. I said, show me the proof and what app are you on.. figuring he would say Robinhood. He actually used TD Ameritrade. He did say he learned a thing or two from his Dad. He was pretty quiet about his gains and I thought that was pretty cool, considering he's a hard working kid. He said he only showed me because he knows I'm a no BS guy and know his employer obviously. Found it fascinating on how he rode GME up on Wallstreetbets reddit. So he walked me through the psychology of it. I'll get some more in the field data and some field "fact checking" since I'm in a college town.

Last edited:
I'm a stock market rookie. I really depend on my hunting buddy for guidance. He's truly into it and has done well for decades. He's not often on the wrong side of his trades.

That said he's been looking at these crypto efts and I have with him. They definitely qualify as a "bet" or maybe gamble is better. What do they represent? Blockchain so-called currency that is, at present, more difficult to use as currency than say dollars. These are lines of computer code, right? So what is their true valuation? Somewhat like gold/silver/etc, they are worth what people think they are worth. Both of us are of the opinion that the run amok Congress pumping computer code trillions of dollars into the hands of the incredibly wealthy elites, lobbyists and their vote-by-mail supporters has to eventually cause people to lose faith in the dollar.

We better hope the rest of the world keeps it as the reserve currency. I'm sure our Yellow Brothers have plans for the Yuan Renminbi to jump into that slot if possible. They are also way ahead of almost every other country in creating a National Digital Currency, the electronic yuan.

In any event, we think people will be seeking other places to hold wealth. As long as there is a large group that simply believes in cryptocurrency, it should keep going up, right? Musk and the banks getting into it seems to support that idea as well.

So I'm thinking I'm going to dip my toe into it. Should have done it back on March 5 when it dipped to $34. It's up another 8% today at~$56. Oh well. There's others too. BLOK, GBTC, MARA. I think I'm doing it with my MadMoney though. Like any gambling, if you can't afford to lose it, don't bet. :)

As an aside, my stock picking buddy is swiftly moving everything into stocks that pay pretty decent dividends. Those seem to be trailing up. We are both of the opinion that we'd like to see how things play out after the Wicked Witch of the West moves into the Oval. I have a friend of a friend that works on the WH grounds that says PedoJoe can barely make it up a flight of stairs. Probably not long now.

I'm a stock market rookie. I really depend on my hunting buddy for guidance. He's truly into it and has done well for decades. He's not often on the wrong side of his trades.

That said he's been looking at these crypto efts and I have with him. They definitely qualify as a "bet" or maybe gamble is better. What do they represent? Blockchain so-called currency that is, at present, more difficult to use as currency than say dollars. These are lines of computer code, right? So what is their true valuation? Somewhat like gold/silver/etc, they are worth what people think they are worth. Both of us are of the opinion that the run amok Congress pumping computer code trillions of dollars into the hands of the incredibly wealthy elites, lobbyists and their vote-by-mail supporters has to eventually cause people to lose faith in the dollar.

We better hope the rest of the world keeps it as the reserve currency. I'm sure our Yellow Brothers have plans for the Yuan Renminbi to jump into that slot if possible. They are also way ahead of almost every other country in creating a National Digital Currency, the electronic yuan.

In any event, we think people will be seeking other places to hold wealth. As long as there is a large group that simply believes in cryptocurrency, it should keep going up, right? Musk and the banks getting into it seems to support that idea as well.

So I'm thinking I'm going to dip my toe into it. Should have done it back on March 5 when it dipped to $34. It's up another 8% today at~$56. Oh well. There's others too. BLOK, GBTC, MARA. I think I'm doing it with my MadMoney though. Like any gambling, if you can't afford to lose it, don't bet. :)

As an aside, my stock picking buddy is swiftly moving everything into stocks that pay pretty decent dividends. Those seem to be trailing up. We are both of the opinion that we'd like to see how things play out after the Wicked Witch of the West moves into the Oval. I have a friend of a friend that works on the WH grounds that says PedoJoe can barely make it up a flight of stairs. Probably not long now.
High risk, high rewards (or loss) but right now you are probably correct - the attempts to destroy the US dollar, both inside and outside our borders, are gaining more and more traction. Now, all they have to do is jack fuel costs up high enough to stifle the economic comeback as people begin to go to work. And/or start another pandemic, or pandemic scare.

Is it true that Australia already trades partially in Yuan?

Took the gamble this morning. Bought some RIOT and some BLOK Also dipped into smoking dope etf, THCX.

Riot +8.25%, Blok +3%, THCX +7%. Not a bad mornings work. Now I gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. My basic mantra is you never go broke taking a profit.

I'm thinking I let them run a bit though. Surely the THCX. With this administration people are going to want to stay stoned the whole 4 years, amiright? Maybe should look into booze stock too....hmmm.

High risk, high rewards (or loss) but right now you are probably correct - the attempts to destroy the US dollar, both inside and outside our borders, are gaining more and more traction. Now, all they have to do is jack fuel costs up high enough to stifle the economic comeback as people begin to go to work. And/or start another pandemic, or pandemic scare.
"If you are not on the inside, you are on the outside" - Gordon Gekko
Is it true that Australia already trades partially in Yuan?
Good question. No idea, curious myself.

Just got back from Ft. Meyers Beach. Watching the Spring Breakers is hilarious. I mean, who can pack a center console more than these kids?! The people watching is priceless.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 4.21.38 PM.png

Hey there. The time has come to update this thread, guys. How's it going? Do you keep investing in crypto?
Have never, nor will I. Plenty of productive investments out there that are regulated, inexpensive, transparent, and actually generate income while you own them, if you’re into that. I am. Retiring exactly 59 days from now, non-crypto worked for me. I know lots of $ was made by many…and lots of $ was lost by many. To each his own, I need more certainty with my portfolio at this stage of life, turning 57 soon.

Crypto is a speculation, not an investment. Investment has some sort of intrinsic value. Crypto is a notation on a ledger. I'm not sure why a ledger notation has value other than someone else may be willing to pay more for it than you did. But the same was true of tulip bulbs, south seas shares, Dotcom companies in the late 90s, or crappy houses in FL/CA/AZ/NV during the house flipper mania.

Crypto is a speculation, not an investment. Investment has some sort of intrinsic value. Crypto is a notation on a ledger. I'm not sure why a ledger notation has value other than someone else may be willing to pay more for it than you did. But the same was true of tulip bulbs, south seas shares, Dotcom companies in the late 90s, or crappy houses in FL/CA/AZ/NV during the house flipper mania.
Well said.

Back