Steel Shot

I’m not sure what a kicks full choke is???? I’d be shooting IC with steel, personally…even with lead.
Kicks is a choke tube manufacturer.
I can't imagine a full choke improving a sporting clays score, unless all the shots were designed to be real long, or your previous choke tube was a lemon.

Even shooting 150, that’s 10%…I didn’t count my lost birds last year, I lost some, for sure…would have lost more if I was using steel more. I hunted pheasants close to 40 days, shot over 100 but under 200…I’m sure I lost 10, perhaps more? I can think of 3 right off the top of my head. Recovering 95% is probably not my average, but I think I’m above 90%. A lot depends on cover being hunted, gun/choke/shells being used, shot selection, dog power, etc. I usually am shooting a 12 gauge auto, #5 lead, IC choke…2 dogs at a time usually. Perhaps I take shots I shouldn’t? Likely.
Yeah, I shoot a 12 auto. You have to hold back on that third shot at times. Especially in wind. 90% of my lost birds were steel related. Plus,my dog doesn't track crippled birds well.

Kicks is a choke tube manufacturer.
I can't imagine a full choke improving a sporting clays score, unless all the shots were designed to be real long, or your previous choke tube was a lemon.
Yeah, I think it was the shells I was using. Winchester 7 1/2 shot. Neither gun would kick out the hulls, my Super X2 or my Browning Gold and neither one has done that before. The kicks choke tube was bought to duck hunt with and the shots on the clays weren't long, I just thought I needed to change something after shooting so poorly the first couple trips. The choke tube just reads Full on the side of it.

Yeah, I shoot a 12 auto. You have to hold back on that third shot at times. Especially in wind. 90% of my lost birds were steel related. Plus,my dog doesn't track crippled birds well.
And you who say just take the dog hunting—NO formal training needed-
I WOULD never send my dog away to training
Good grief!

If steel can bring down a duck, it can do the same to a pheasant, at any given range.

I'm not a high volume shooter, and, I'm a 16ga fanatic, so I've gone over to using Kent Bismuth #5. However, if Kent, or any other company, would offer #4 Bismuth in 16ga, I'd buy it in a Minnesota minute.

Rogue
Boss ammo does, but their currently out. But if you call they might be able to hook you up. I bought some for my 28 gauge to try out this year. They patterned well with an IM choke for me but I haven’t tried them on birds yet.

Rogue
Boss ammo does, but their currently out. But if you call they might be able to hook you up. I bought some for my 28 gauge to try out this year. They patterned well with an IM choke for me but I haven’t tried them on birds yet.
Thanks, I'll take a look on their web page.

You going to try that 28ga on pheasant?

However, if Kent, or any other company, would offer #4 Bismuth in 16ga, I'd buy it in a Minnesota minute.
HeviShot does in their HeviBismuth. Even claim it's 1-1/8 oz. I cut a few open just because that's the kind of skeptic I am. The 4's were more like 4.5's & they were just barely over 1 oz. So I'll never buy more. But....some people claim to have good luck with them. I'll stick with Kent 5's until something better comes along. I don't consider 1oz of 4's significantly better. I think that's what Boss has, but I could be wrong. (I'd like at least 1-1/16 oz of 4's at at least 1250 fpm)

Got back on track yesterday with the sporting clays, shot 43/50. Same thing (gun and shells) Browning Gold 12 gauge kicks full choke tube, winchester super X 7 1/2 shot. Birds may be in trouble!

The flat out straight away shots on pheasants is where steel falls flat, lots of stuff to get through before a vital is hit. That’s a pretty common pheasant shot, not so much on waterfowl from what little hunting I do.
Yep, those shots create most of my lost birds.

"Principles of theoretical physics" is an invaluable resource for anyone venturing into the fascinating realm of theoretical physics. This comprehensive text lays out the foundational concepts and theories with remarkable clarity. It's an essential guide for students and enthusiasts, offering a structured approach to understanding complex ideas. Moreover, it's a valuable reference for those seeking to explore the intricate world of quantum mechanics, relativity, and more. If you're looking to expand your knowledge in this field, this resource is like a guiding light. And, if you ever need a break from intense study, consider checking out this informative link on https://www.vipdentalny.cоm/dental-implants-in-forest-hills-queens/ for a refreshing change of topic.
No thanks! 🤓

Back