sporting clays shoot

Now that hunting season is behind us I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting together for another sporting clays get together. If interested let me know and than we can go from there as far as dates, times and place.

I'll be there and I'll bring Dan along again.... Pick a place and date....

Put me down for a definite maybe. Due to my work schedule it just depends on the date/time of the event.

I'd be interested depending on the date.
Tom

What do you guys think, May some time before Labor day or sooner or later. Quail Run or the one in Bennet, can not remember the name of the place or does anyone have a better idea. Let me know and hopefully a few more guys will reply to this.

I would be able to attend after the middle of May, are you thinking of Kiowa Creek south of Bennet? How about Colorado Clays east of Brighton, they have a great course set up in the creek bottom. Probably bring another shooter!

Depending on where the most folks are located, here is a Front Range sporting clays rundown starting at the North:
Great Guns-just North of Greeley
Colorado Clays-just a little Northeast of DIA airport
Golden Gun Club-a few miles south of Watkins and I-70
Kiowa Creek Sporting Club-mailing address is Kiowa-about 20 miles East of Aurora on Quincy (County Rd 30)
Pikes Peak Gun Club-just East of Col. Spgs off Hwy 94
Rivers Edge-East of Pueblo about 10 miles off Hwy 50

I've shot at them all. Since I live in Aurora I'd prefer Kiowa (I'm a member), Quail Run, Colorado Clays, Watkins in that order, but would consider traveling further depending on the turnout. And I'd also consider skeet or trap-I just like pulling the trigger.
Tom

Tom,
We shot at Kiowa Creek in the fall for the Last UPH outing. There were only four of us but we had a great shoot.

I'm happy shooting at any of the clubs you mentioned. I think that Golden GC is just skeet or trap which I am good with too.

Smashing some clays and having a good time is what it is all about....

Lets settle on a place and then we can work on the date.

Matt

I'm throwing out the first suggestion......

Saturday May 10th at Kiowa Creek.....

Pretty sure I will get in on this one too. Will have to get a spreader choke and some 3 1/2" #12s to compete with you guys but should be fun.

clay shoot

i'm pretty interested, been to two of them. would like them to be not much further south of denver. colo. spr. is a long ways for me. east of den. is ok. remember some of us may not have filled out turkey tags yet!

cheers

Bones,
I am sure you will do fine, so is Kiowa Creek doable for everyone and do we want to do lunch, I think they serve lunch but do not know what it takes to have them prepare lunch or if they fix lunch no matter what. If someone who is a member can find out what it takes, what they will serve and what the cost will be so us nonmembers know what it will cost to shoot.

Do we want to shoot 100 clay birds or more as I understand they have around 25 stations.
So, do we want to go to Kiowa Creek on the 10th of May, do you want to do lunch and how many do you want to shoot.
If you can think of anything else let me know and we will address that.
Hopefully a few more guys/girls will be interested in going.
Jim, master clay bird misser and full of excuses ( - :

April 3rd around 6 pm watch Sara Palin, I will.

I would really like to get in on this and meet some of you.
I am a member an KCreek and I am pretty sure if you are a guest of a member then you get member prices.

member is 32 first 100 and then 27
non member is 45 and 40

They typically serve lunch on sat and sun, not sure of the cost, but usually is pretty good.

OK-I'm in for the May 10 at Kiowa Creek. I am also a member there so that makes at least two of us. I'll give them a call to see if they have any organized events going on that day. I know there is not a registered NSCA shoot that day at Kiowa because there is one down at Pikes Peak in the Springs. K.C. does offer discounts to guests so I'll try to find out what the rules are on that. They typically cook lunch on weekends regardless and it's usually about $6-$8. The menu varies but it might be bar-b-que, hamburgers, brats, stew, etc, with chips and a drink.

I would vote for 100 rounds. I'd be happy to shoot more if you want. If you havn't been shooting a lot recently, your shoulders will probably be ready for a rest at 100. They do have 24 stations. The ones past #10 get more difficult quickly as these are usually the stations they do the registered NSCA shoots with.

Shoot me a PM if you havn't shot any sporting clays and have any questions about guns, chokes, shells, etc.

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.
Tom

Of course we want to do 100 birds. Lunch would be great if we could get it there. If not maybe we could look at some options. I think we could get the conference room at IHOP off of Arapahoe Road.
I've hunted with Bones... He is sandbagging.. I've seen him shoot. So watch out. LOL!!!

Looking forward to this one and busting some clays,,,

Here's an update based on my call to Kiowa Creek today. On Saturday May 10, they do have a small group of around 30 scheduled to shoot. With only 30 shooters they will probably just give them 5 or 6 counters so they would only be taking up 5 or 6 of the stations at any one time. We could rotate in with them on other stations or shoot of stations 11-22 until they're done. I think we should continue to plan for this date.

The official guest policy is members can bring guests and get member rates provided the guests have not been there more than 3 times (honor system I guess). As long as we have one member and register together we'll get member rates.

They always have a lunch available on weekends and the price runs from $6-$10, depending on what they're serving and the price includes chips and a pop.

I'm looking forward to shooting with you guys.
Tom

Saturday May 10th, meet at 9:30 and start shooting at 10:00 a.m., that way we should be done by noon for lunch.
Let me know if this will work for everyone and if not what you would like us to change.
If this is good with you let me know so I have an idea of who will be there so we do not start without you.
Jim
comments

Just wondering who thinks they can make it to the get together, hope we have a good turn out.
Wish the ole Bleu could make it but quess he is still healing and I hope that is going well besides the gove county britt said that bleu was to tight to spend that much money to drive down there to shoot at something that he couldn't eat.

Back