Snow

I have found these maps to be fairly accurate. Looks to be anywhere between 4-16 inches from south to north on the east side of the state.

Blizzard conditions west river, 10-16" of snow, along with 50 mph winds. This foul weather had to have an impact on all wildlife, including pheasants!

I'm in the Watertown area. Radio station said 5", airport said 7". I'm leaning more toward the 7" mark. Always tough to tell with the wind, but it is welcome. We had some ice preceding the snow, probably a tenth or so, but it wasn't as bad as I had initially feared. I won't be able to tell if it had much impact on the birds until I get out and look for them, but I'm optimistic that it wasn't too harmful. The moisture is a blessing. The incoming cold, not so much.

I'm in the Watertown area. Radio station said 5", airport said 7". I'm leaning more toward the 7" mark. Always tough to tell with the wind, but it is welcome. We had some ice preceding the snow, probably a tenth or so, but it wasn't as bad as I had initially feared. I won't be able to tell if it had much impact on the birds until I get out and look for them, but I'm optimistic that it wasn't too harmful. The moisture is a blessing. The incoming cold, not so much.
About 15 min East of Watertown, the trees look unbelievable. The Ice, wind and weight of snow really did a number on em. Looks like a tornado went through there

How bad did Britton and Hecla get hit? I hoping to get back out there one more time.
Aberdeen got 10.5 and Britton got 13.7 according to Keloland News.

The areas that had the most snow had the least ice freezing rain with this storm. Brookings area had less snow but at least a half inch of freezing rain ice first.

Pretty cool today but my gang are headed out.

How bad did Britton and Hecla get hit? I hoping to get back out there one more time.
It's not just that the area got a foot of snow, it's also the 40-50 mph winds that came with it. I'm sure a lot of cattail sloughs are drifted in pretty bad. This coming week is also going to be extremely cold. Highs during the day -5 to -10 and lows around -20. Glad I'm in Arizona for the winter! :)

LOL, I wish I was in Arizona too. I'm from Bemidji mn and it was -10 here this morning. Uff da. Thanks again for the info.

I heard two tall radio towers in Henry went down on Wednesday from ice and then the wind. I was in the Watertown area last week and was supposed to stay through Friday. Ended up trying to hunt Thursday morning and after 15 minutes I said screw it and pointed her south to Arkansas! Legit 50mph+ gusts. Good thing I did too.. I took a video but don't think I can upload it. Here is a snapshot of it. Brutal..

Edit: ran into some cattails were as big around as a Michelob Ultra can from the ice..

Attachments

• 1BD45842-9DED-4DA5-B314-6403BA444B3F.jpeg
    1BD45842-9DED-4DA5-B314-6403BA444B3F.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 15
Back