Smith&Wesson

Phil V.

Has anybody have any experience with Smith&Wesson shotguns? I've seen two 20 ga. sxs for sale on a website. One is about $1400 range and the other is in $1650 range.Just wanting your opinion and what you thought of these guns...Phil

Google Bill Hanus Birdguns and read what he thinks. I wish I felt I could spend that much cause they are nice!

The only one I had a chance to handle was very nicely finished, my only thought was that it was a tad on the heavy side for a twenty, handled more like a twelve, if I'm going to lug 6.5+/- pounds, I want a 12, Twenties I like around 5.25#s to just under 6#s, but it's a small issue, and they seem like a tremendous amount of gun for the money, comparable quality would be much higher. If you look I think you can find one around $1200.00 range. Built to be sold in the $2000 range, and hold their own with guns of more established reputation in the $3500.00 range new. I predict in the not so distant future they will appreciate in value, as they become better known, remember the Winchester model 23?

Ditto:10sign:

The 20 ga Elite Golds are very nice guns. I have had one for about two years. The quality is well above the $1200-$1500 price they are now going for. I consider my current gun to be a steal at the $1190 price I paid for it.

Hey bknight I found the the article by Bill Hanus it's a good read.I also found an article by Tom Gresham of Gun Talk too. This article was as informative as Bill Hanus. The way it sounds by the article he got to see the plant but I could be wrong on this....Phil

Phil:

I've got one, a little heavy but a very nice gun for what I paid for it. Much better than the CZ's or anything like that.

Check out CDNN.com investments. The last I checked they had a few left at $1299 with pistol grip, single trigger.

Mine weighs 6.5lbs by my scale. I killed a few pheasants with it last year. Might use it more this year, haven't decided. They are made by UTAS, they're from Turkey and I believe it is the same factory that made the Kimber Valier SXS.
I suspect the demand wasn't there or they wouldn't be closing them out for what they are going for. S&W offered a lifetime for the gun warranty, something called an Heirloom warranty and I have heard they are honoring it although I have never heard of anyone having trouble.

Good luck, CDNN is a great place to buy and if you get one I don't think you will be disappointed.

R:cheers:

There is a place near me that is a gun dealer that supplies some of the mom & pop gun dealers that I'm going to check out. At one time they used to sell guns to the public but I don't know if they still do. Will let you know how it turns out and if I got one.

I have seen several down near $1100 new in the box

Hey bknight I found the the article by Bill Hanus it's a good read.I also found an article by Tom Gresham of Gun Talk too. This article was as informative as Bill Hanus. The way it sounds by the article he got to see the plant but I could be wrong on this....Phil

Oops! I'm getting senile... Just sent you a PM about Bill Hanus, and then I saw that you had already been there! I am trying to sell a brand new predator rifle so I can buy something I want...like one of these doubles. I was fortumate to win the rifle from an Elk Foundation Banquet and have not even bought bullets for it as I have a good pred rifle already, and this is a .204 ruger predator package scoped and all. I'll make somebody a deal on it. I want to try a CZ Ringneck or some other good quality 20 ga SXS doesn't have to be pretty but beauty doesn't hurt! LOL

Back