Quail birthday gift

bauerline

My wife surprised me with a birthday present for turning 40.

018_zps36630045.jpg

020_zpsa23d739f.jpg

The husband of one of her co-workers carves ducks and she had him do a quail for me. It was his first attempt at a quail and I think it looks great. The feather details were burned in by hand. It looks even better in person. It was something I wasn't expecting.

Nice gift! Don't let the pups chew on it. :D Next year he can make you a pheasant.

Thanks.

Oldandnew- I have quite a few upland themed things in the house. My two boys even made my wife buy a pheasant gravy boat one time. The ladle is the tail feather. My father in law is an avid yard sale/auction visitor and will pick anything up for me that is upland related. But you're right, we are behind the duck hunters.

I sure like it! Us upland guys are way behind the waterfowl boys in household d?cor to support our calling.

That's why I decorated my office with dogs and birds. I also have blinds, not curtains! Nice carving Bauerline! Mr. Byron Walker carved birds. I have one of his pheasants, quail, and ducks. Wish I'd got him to carve me a prairie chicken, they were one of his most spectacular!

Nice, Hope you don't have to wait till 50 for the hen!!!lol:thumbsup:

Back