Post Turkey hunt pics and story

Please post pics and story of your turkey hunt...:)

Mine happened way to quick on monday morning.
Drove down dirt road in foothills and could see silhouette of 5 turkey roosting in digger pine tree, pulled off road and started to lightly call...hen called back, then gobble gobble...nice.

One after one, the hens started to fly down from the roost mabey 50yrds or soo from us, then last the tom came down. We gave few calles from the box, and sure enough, he walked on over were I could just see his neck....12ver bucked and tom down, all in 20mins....what a big tom ..11 inch beard....:D

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Nice
Congratulations:thumbsup:
That fan will look good mounted on the wall.
Now what do you do the rest of Turkey season?
I have to work the first ten days of PA's turkey season, but if I knew I could get one within 20 min of daylight I might be willing to show up a little late:)

Very nice bird.:10sign: After you called on Sunday I went on a scouting trip and found a few jakes and a land owner who gave me permission. He said 2 big gobblers are roosting in a white oak on his property and to go ahead and take one, so its on on Sunday.

Nice
Congratulations:thumbsup:
That fan will look good mounted on the wall.
Now what do you do the rest of Turkey season?
I have to work the first ten days of PA's turkey season, but if I knew I could get one within 20 min of daylight I might be willing to show up a little late:)

We can take 3 beared turkeys, 1 per day in spring season, in CA, so I will be out again next week and mabey get my limit.

Sounds like you have it made Sooty.
We can bag two in the spring here in PA.
Good luck next week, we'll be looking forward to more pictures,... and maybe a smoked drumstick?

Very nice bird.:10sign: After you called on Sunday I went on a scouting trip and found a few jakes and a land owner who gave me permission. He said 2 big gobblers are roosting in a white oak on his property and to go ahead and take one, so its on on Sunday.

QH, Good talking with you on sun.
:thumbsup: Awesome , go get a primos wet box at wally world $22, if you dont have a call box, mine worked great.

Let me know how it went.

Nice bird SG, did you measure the spurs and weight? :coolpics:

I've got some tuning to do on my bow tomorrow (just put a new rest on), but Friday morning I'll be in the blind ready to decapitate a tom with my broadheads.

I have mixed feelings about the coming hunt, as I've only captured one Jake on my trail cam, in a spot that is usually LOADED with turkeys. Hopefully he lets all his older brothers know where the action will be come Friday! :thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone else, and be sure to post some pics along with a brief narrative! :thumbsup:

Good post and thread Sooty. I hope to post some pics from a bow killed turkey in WI. We have season 3 so it will be a few weeks before we hunted.

Seems like turkey hunting is real easy or real hard.

Thanks UG, I hope you get one with the bow!

Nice bird SG, did you measure the spurs and weight? :coolpics:

I've got some tuning to do on my bow tomorrow (just put a new rest on), but Friday morning I'll be in the blind ready to decapitate a tom with my broadheads.

I have mixed feelings about the coming hunt, as I've only captured one Jake on my trail cam, in a spot that is usually LOADED with turkeys. Hopefully he lets all his older brothers know where the action will be come Friday! :thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone else, and be sure to post some pics along with a brief narrative! :thumbsup:

Thanks WC, didnt weigh it but heres a pic of the spurs. I plucked, gutted and bagged it right there.

IMG_1063.jpg

NICE SG, you got to love it when it all comes together like that.:thumbsup:

JM, yep, I know what you mean, because sat. and sun. I walked and called from dark till 4:00pm no gobbles, but did see a jake with a hen that didnt respond to my box call, he went the other way...doh!

Please post pics and story of your turkey hunt...:)

Mine happened way to quick on monday morning.
Drove down dirt road in foothills and could see silhouette of 5 turkey roosting in digger pine tree, pulled off road and started to lightly call...hen called back, then gobble gobble...nice.

One after one, the hens started to fly down from the roost mabey 50yrds or soo from us, then last the tom came down. We gave few calles from the box, and sure enough, he walked on over were I could just see his neck....12ver bucked and tom down, all in 20mins....what a big tom ..11 inch beard....:D

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

YeeHaw! Them terkys iz fun ta hunt.

Well, I was out in the blind bright and early yesterday, sat out till about 10:30, didn't hear or see any turkey. So I went back into town to help some friends with some BBQ'ing, grabbed a bite to eat, and headed back out around 2. Sat till 6, and nothing! So begins the chase for the elusive gobbler. :p

Hope others had better luck!

Sooty Thanks for sharing the hunt.:cool: Great fun for sure.
Congrats on a fine Tom.

The area I'm in MN has it's first ever Turkey season. 5 permits in an area approx 15 miles X 15.:eek:

I had about 90 Winter on the ranch, their very wild, would feed early and late out in the fields where I feed cattle.

One of the lucky permit holders asked permission to bow hunt. Season opens I think? April 15th. He's gonna have a great time. Even though many have dispersed far and wide, there's still going to be plenty.:)

Went out to my friends hunting cabin on 200 acres on fri. and sat. lots of turkeys, but couldnt get any to come in close enough for a shot of 1 7/8's #5's

This happend last year when cloudy weather sets in ,they dont seam to go out of there way to chase down that hen.

here's the view from the cabin's deck...:D

IMG_1077.jpg

Back