OT- homemade meals while on the road

Eggs and Mary's Kitchen Hormel Hash for breakfast. Suppers I like to pack along and easy cooking are kielbasa and kraut, I also have been known to bring a box of shells and cheese with a pound of hamburger and a can of Rotel. I pack a rocket stove and mess kit and have been known to heat up something less than 10 miles from my house for lunch when hunting local or just during my normal work day. There are lots of options.

Our group have been doing the same thing for over 30 years. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Dinners-We will have venison backstraps, steak, rooster nuggets, salad, homemade fries, veg, and bourbon
Breakfast- pastries, burritos, breakfast sammich's, and fruit.
Lunch- day one local library lunch. ..Think beef and noodles over mashed potatoes. Lunch jerky, summer sausage, cheese, or the local bar for burgers. Our group have been doing the same thing in KS for over 30 years. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

easy tasty chili:

A. cans of chili beans
B. cans of diced tomatoes w/jalapenos or habaneros (hot)
C. ground beef
D. your favorite seasonings. mine are Scarborough Fair: parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme ala Simon & Garfunkel

brown the burger, salt and pepper, and then add in everything else and cook for awhile. how spicy it is depends on whether the chili beans are designated "hot" and whether the diced tomatoes have habaneros (damn hot)

Last edited:
My wife created something new for me this week. Meatball rolls. She put pre cooked meatballs inside Rhodes frozen dinner rolls. Defrost the rolls, let rise and then bake the rolls with the meatball inside. Coated the roll with garlic butter and seasoning after pulling from oven. Similar to a pepperoni roll....only meatballs. I ordered a couple dozen to start. Relatively cheap. Easy to make. Easy to heat up. Perfect motel food.

Attachments

• 20240829_090045.jpeg
    20240829_090045.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
Back