Opener

GustavDaGSP

What are everyone's plans for this years opener ? Does anyone know where to find a report on how far along the crop harvest is ?

I'm in NC MN and the crops are going out like crazy including corn. I doubt there will be much corn standing by the opener.

Headed to SW MN staying the night in Pipestone. Same as I did the year before. Should be more birds than last year and last year was great for me. Going to take my little sis and a friend.

If we continue to see drier conditions, I could see the majority of the corn out by the middle of October. Would make for better early season hunting, but may not be as good later.

Ya corn is as good as gone by the time phez season opens. Went out and ran the dogs on some public just south of my house and passed 3 different combines going full tilt. passed 2 more on the way home. 2 more weeks and I bet its 90% gone.

Ill be in my normal spots in Lincoln County No army of orange for me this year! STAY OFF MY SPOTS TBEAR, thanks for the invite :nutz:

I'm not sure yet....I'm planning a drive west of me here sometime in the next few weeks, after the crops are gone (for the most part). Until then we will just keep hunting the game farms on the weekends until his (son) fall basketball league starts up.
Until then we are lucky enough to hit SD before our season starts here.:D

Not sure I will make it out until Sunday this year. I will be helping my wife watch the nephews. Then hopefully back out to LQP.

Ya they have been cutting like crazy! I swear every year I forget how big combines are getting. You have to grab the ditch on gravel roads these days.

ditch n the lincoln/yellow medicine county areas this opener a few in my family will be out there again but i will be down by albert lea area got a invite to try something new & with a falling out with the land owner out west i think its time for a change 1 good thing is that i hear there are plenty of huns in the area???

love them huns hope i run into some this season its been a few yrs...

Everyone better bring there camera I want to see picks of how we all did. Is it the 13th yet?:mad:

Everyone better bring there camera I want to see picks of how we all did. Is it the 13th yet?:mad:

Limit out early then beers after ?? Ill even let you shoot a bird over my pointer again on opener, might want your semi so you have more than two shots in case you miss again with the first one always nice to have a couple more :laugh:

Hopefully at exactly one week from right now everyone will be enjoying a nice cold beer and eating on some freshly killed roosters.. 7 days! yeeehhhaawww

Back