NFL Playoffs

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
Who is everyone rooting for in the playoffs?

Any Vikings fans here? I grew up in Mankato watching the MN Vikes lose for years and years. I gave up years ago on these guys and I couldn't believe they made the playoffs this year under Childress.

For you Michigan guys on the forum, how can you continue to watch your Detroit Lions lose year after year. On top of that they didn't even win a game this year! That has to be frustrating. I hear a lot of Vikes fans complaining on how the Lions get to play on Thanksgiving every year. I heard the tradition might be changed in coming years?

GO CHIEFS...:confused: Wait a minute, i mean Vikings..:D

Vikings season was certainly disappointing this season with all of the talent they acquired in the off season last spring. I'm still a bit puzzled at some of the decisions made during some of their biggest games by the coaches, but all in all it was certainly an improvement over last year. One thing certainly stands out like a sore thumb to me and that is the inconsistency of play at the quarterback position. It will be interesting to see if Jackson is named the starter for next year or even is on the team, or will they try to pick up someone else.:confused:

Last edited:
What? Nobody wants to talk about the Lions? 0-16, beat that!:confused:

Yep, it looks like the lion fans have to wear the bag over there heads this year.

FCSpringer: I just couldn't resist ...

lions_fan.jpg

340x.jpg

sports-fan-paper-bag-head.jpg

millen.jpeg

To Birdshooter... yeah, I'm puzzled by the Vikes coaching decisions this year. Expecially that move by Childress when they went for the extra point against the Lions in that game where points were at a premium. They won the game by complete luck. In the press conference they just beat on him about not going for 2 points. Then he comes back by saying 44.4% is the convert rate in the NFL for 2 point conversions! It was quite funny. Kfan tore him apart for that.

Or when in the recent game not going for that on 4th and inches? It's easy for me to criticize and I'm not a coach... we will see what happens.

I was listening to Paul Allen on Kfan and Paul said was pleased with the progress by Chilly in the last few years. So if there is a positive, there it is I guess. PA knows his football.

I gave up on the Vikes years ago. My Dad was telling me he quit being a Vikes fan back in the days of the old "Met" when the snow would fall in their beers. Anyway, it was a game they didn't make it to and the Vikes apparently pissed the ball away and one of his buddies threw his beer bottle at the TV and cracked the screen. That was it for him being a Vikes fan. So I didn't really grow up in "Purple Prideville". Interesting story to say the least.

Alright now that the NFL AFC / NFC Finals are Set did anyone expect that the cardinals or Philly would be in the finals ??

No. Not a chance. How the heck did Arizona just cream the Carolina? Odd year.

Agreed... Go Cards!

Everytime I watch the Cards, I think about my favorite flip out of all time... our very own Ex. Minnesota head coach. A classic and still my favorite over Jim Mora...

:10sign:

I've been sending e-mails to Zygi begging him to bring back Denny! Sure, we'd probably always be an 8-8 team, but at least the post-game interviews would be interesting.

FIRE CHILDRESS!

I've been sending e-mails to Zygi begging him to bring back Denny! Sure, we'd probably always be an 8-8 team, but at least the post-game interviews would be interesting.

FIRE CHILDRESS!

Oh yeah... I'll agree with that. Wow Chilly is boring in press conferences.

"THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!" - Sheriff Denny Green

I couldn't believe the outcome of all of the games. Who would have thought 3 of the 4 road teams would pull off the upset.

I sure am looking forward to the Steelers - Ravens clash. They should put an NC-17 rating on that game. Can you say violent! Talk about two hard hitting teams. Man I can't wait! And I'm not even a fan of either of those teams.

FIRE CHILDRESS!

Yeah.... "THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE" !!

Classic Denny........

Well, Arizona pulled it out. Wow.

Let's see who wins now in the Pitt vs. Balt game.

Based on first half it is looking like Pitt and AZ in the Superbowl. Az Philly game was a good one. I thought the Eagles were going to pull it out.

Baltimore got dominated in that first half. Somehow they are only down 6 though!

Back