New Gun Dog in Kansas

Hello everyone I am looking to add another German Shorthair to my kennel and I was wondering if anyone could help me find one from Kansas. I am looking to get a young female in June. Any help would be great. Let me know where I could get a high powered female german shorthair from Kansas. Thanks Can wait until November. hope the nesting period goes well!

:cheers:

kansas cowboy outback gundogs is the ultimate one stop shop for your needs kirby will have what you are looking for he is a little pricie but has good quality dogs. good luck

Thanks Gove County, I have been monitoring his website daily and he has a lot of dogs and it looks like one hell of an operation and yes his dogs are pretty expensive like you said. I plan on making a trip to his kennel soon but I want to see more kennels. Thanks for the info.

Hey KSCOWBOY

I'm in Spring Hill -- just got me a Brittany pup (9 weeks)...be awhile for he gets on birds but plan to hit the preserves in Sept. Uncle's got 2 Britt females and is a die hard bird chaser. Let us know how your dog expedition goes ---

Southern Blues, being in Spring hill are you a member of the Missouri Brittany club? If not you should consider joining, I joined this past winter and it's seems to be a good group. Good luck with the pup.

Hey KSCOWBOY

I'm in Spring Hill -- just got me a Brittany pup (9 weeks)...be awhile for he gets on birds but plan to hit the preserves in Sept. Uncle's got 2 Britt females and is a die hard bird chaser. Let us know how your dog expedition goes ---
Hey Blue, I'm a fellow Spring Hillian. Maybe we can get together for a hunt this fall. I have another buddy that lives here also that is a die hard as well. Just let me know, I have an excellent GSP to hunt behind. If your interested let me know.....

Last edited:
I'm in. I'm over in Woodland Ridge on 207th and Woodland. We just built our home here in Dec 07 and only know a few people but I have seen another brittany on a leash roaming around, don't know if they hunt or not. Of course with Hillsdale Lake, there are several crappie guys here too.

We got out west several times/yr -- opening weekend on private ground (Hugoton area) and then WIHA in late Dec/Jan. Now with the pup, will be buying some pen raised and hitting the family farm west of Iola. Last weekend in Jan we bought $100 worth of quail, let my Uncle's britts hunt em down.

My Britt is 11 weeks old -- dropped off teenagers yesterday at the Hillsdale beach and got him out with some Happy Timing on public land. Gotta love them ticks!

kscowboy not sure if you are interested but i am actually taking my dog to be breed tomorrow. her dad is magnum king of aces from kirby at outback kennels. if you would like i can send you all of the pedigree stuff via email or if you want to call just pm me and i will give you my phone number.

Don't forget about me! I've hunted behind your dog (I love her style) and I'm familiar with the bloodline you were planning to breed her with (that is, if you're still planning to take her to Council Grove). Should be some good pups!

We're ready for a new pup this fall. Keep in touch.

Last edited:
I'm in. I'm over in Woodland Ridge on 207th and Woodland. We just built our home here in Dec 07 and only know a few people but I have seen another brittany on a leash roaming around, don't know if they hunt or not. Of course with Hillsdale Lake, there are several crappie guys here too.

We got out west several times/yr -- opening weekend on private ground (Hugoton area) and then WIHA in late Dec/Jan. Now with the pup, will be buying some pen raised and hitting the family farm west of Iola. Last weekend in Jan we bought $100 worth of quail, let my Uncle's britts hunt em down.

My Britt is 11 weeks old -- dropped off teenagers yesterday at the Hillsdale beach and got him out with some Happy Timing on public land. Gotta love them ticks!
You're just around the corner from me then. I live straight west of city hall. We'll definately get together this year and get in a hunt, I just have to make a stop along the way and pick up another friend, right KB? That is if you're interested to join us on a hunt again.....:D

do i get to go too. i would like to get as much time in this season as i can since it looks like i will be returning yet again to the glorious sand box on the other side of the world in early spring of next year.

Where abouts are you located in this great state? I'm sure that we can find a place to fit ya somewhere. :thumbsup:

I kinda figured that with you being deployed again (thank you very much for your service)to the sand box it was Ft. Riley but wasn't for sure. I actually have to make a stop prior to Junction City and pick up another friend but you wouldn't be out of the way at all as I run I-70 to my hunting grounds. I'm sure that we can get in a hunt or two...:D

would you be talking about kansasbrittany? we have hunted a bit together around the local area for so quail. he was actually lucky enough to
take a late season rooster on public ground with #8 shot at that.

Back