New from Minnesota

mla1967

Getting back into pheasant hunting after a long break. I am taking my teenage sons pheasant hunting for there first time this year, I have taken them to the game farm once just to see if they wanted to hunt birds they did real good.
I have no dog so we will be hunting smaller public land and some hunting with friends in Iowa.

Welcome, I am from Michigan but drive through your neck of the woods semi regular as our youngest son and daughter in law live Richfield. We use their place as a stopover to Mitchell SD. Have fun, hunt safe!

Welcome! And I second what Zeb said... You'll find more birds, lose less, and they'll have a new, unconditional friend!

There are a lot of MN members here who I'm sure would be willing to show you the joys of a pheasant dog!

I would love to have a dog but money is tight. I do have a few friends that have dogs so I will be able to go out with them a few times.

Spent some time near New Prague a number of years ago. Like 25 years ago. But the last year I lived there I shot 17 roosters myself, in addition to quite a bit of grouse hunting. If there is any CRP land left, spend a Saturday down in that area stopping at farms. It may take some work to make a connection, but the friendships could last for years.

welcome to the forum we live in same town small world a lol

if ur gonna start hunting again head west my friend far far west mn... SD better pheasant nirvana...

Welcome! And I second what Zeb said... You'll find more birds, lose less, and they'll have a new, unconditional friend!

And eventually you will find that shooting a bird over your dog is just a bonus and the true joy of hunting with a dog is watching him learn to work a bird and gain experience with each outing you take.

Welcome. :cheers:

Back