Nephew

I know this sounds New Agey, but tell him to believe he's going to hit the bird. I have been out twice this year and have snapped off shots without really seeing the bird and doing what I need to do. I grew up hunting ruffed grouse and shooting really quick is a habit that's hard to break.
The other thing is to find a morning and throw a couple dozen clays. Let him see them break; have someone watch him. He'll be way more likely to hit something "by accident" if he's had practice doing things on purpose. Good luck.
He is kind of an odd guy.Hes kind of full of himself, which is kind of a short guy thing.

Haha! Wild bird near Glasgow montana. Deep snow,I didn't shoot.He also got 2 sharptails. I'm really happy that he broke that long streak.
I was beginning to wonder if he would ever shoot a rooster!!!! I've gotten him on some excellent private ranches the last 4 years, and he's had lots of opportunities. He was on cloud 9,he was very excited. I'm going to get that bird mounted!! I left the farmer a 5th of Jim Beam.

I was beginning to wonder if he would ever shoot a rooster!!!! I've gotten him on some excellent private ranches the last 4 years, and he's had lots of opportunities. He was on cloud 9,he was very excited. I'm going to get that bird mounted!! I left the farmer a 5th of Jim Beam.
1/2 gallon works better. 😉

There’s an episode of the flush where the older tall guy takes his work buddy, who had yet to connect on a rooster, out to South Dakota to shoot his first bird. Episode shows so many missed shots and opportunities. When he finally gets one it isn’t really apparent it was him who shot it, but they all celebrated it like he did, so it finished the story of the hunt. Lol. Guy was never ready, walking head down, etc. Sounds like your cousin.

I know this sounds New Agey, but tell him to believe he's going to hit the bird. I have been out twice this year and have snapped off shots without really seeing the bird and doing what I need to do. I grew up hunting ruffed grouse and shooting really quick is a habit that's hard to break.
The other thing is to find a morning and throw a couple dozen clays. Let him see them break; have someone watch him. He'll be way more likely to hit something "by accident" if he's had practice doing things on purpose. Good luck.
He got a rooster and 2 sharptails in the last week of December in deep snow. I think I was maybe just as excited as he was! He made some really good shots.I gave him my 12 gauge 1187 to use, with lead 4s.I just let him go on his own. I think he likes that being off by himself, no dog.He still hasn't really figured out hunting, but he's getting the hang of it slowly.

He got a rooster and 2 sharptails in the last week of December in deep snow. I think I was maybe just as excited as he was! He made some really good shots.I gave him my 12 gauge 1187 to use, with lead 4s.I just let him go on his own. I think he likes that being off by himself, no dog.He still hasn't really figured out hunting, but he's getting the hang of it slowly.
Good lord!!
can we now give this trolling B.S. a rest??
got really old …a long time ago

Been patiently waiting for someone to bust loosey goosey's chops!! Have to agree w/Davod0311. This is very old and what's worst, most everyone eggs it on. The old man (gm) still thinks people cares what he says. Ha, ha .👎👎 Two thumbs down. Too much time on his hands!!

Man theres some clowns on this site. Thats why i aint been here in a while. And as soon as i take a look it's the same f**erry, guys who can't let another guy and his nephew enjoy a moment. Guys hwo cant just scroll on past and let the rest of us enjoy fun spirited conversation with out crapping all over it.
Goose I'm glad your nephew finally blasted a couple birds. Congrats to him and you.
David & mlmich your a couple 🤡🤡

Man theres some clowns on this site. Thats why i aint been here in a while. And as soon as i take a look it's the same f**erry, guys who can't let another guy and his nephew enjoy a moment. Guys hwo cant just scroll on past and let the rest of us enjoy fun spirited conversation with out crapping all over it.
Goose I'm glad your nephew finally blasted a couple birds. Congrats to him and you.
Ditto

I'll agree with this. I've never had a problem with Goose's posts, he's a bit of a character... but anyone in life that is interesting is a bit of a character.

As far as hyresmack's comment... in the early days of online, people would let things go. Nowadays, everyone has to throw vitriol and hate on things they don't agree with instead of ignoring or whatever. Seems like people just have to throw their "2 cents in" no matter what.

I understand where a few of you are coming from about the clowns on the site and what not. It's hard to run a open forum on what you allow and what you don't. Opposing sides, etc... it's always a battle. If I say I don't have a home politically I get attacked. So, whatever... I'm always open to suggestions. Just hit me with a PM. Cheers everyone and happy 2023!

Back