Needing a new dog collar

I order mine on line. I like a black collar with white letter/numbers. Put the dogs name and your phone number. Works great, if your dog takes off.

Depends on which features you want... I have a DT Systems H20 Plus which I am really happy with. It's my third DT Systems collar. The first lasted 12 years before I neglected it for 4 years and the second collar still works but I dropped the transmitter in an icy creek and lost it. The H20 has a floating transmitter and links to my previous DT collar. I've been more than satisfied with that company. But knowing what you prefer in a collar helps.

I had the dogtra. Its simple. Do you just need something to get her attention or change her direction. Its has vibrate button and shock. I imagine you dont need the shock with Dee.

I order mine on line. I like a black collar with white letter/numbers. Put the dogs name and your phone number. Works great, if your dog takes off.

The OP was talking about an e-collar.

But I will comment about you putting the dogs name on the collar. It's recommended that you don't put the dogs name on the collar, instead put your name and phone number on the collar. The thinking is that if the person that finds your dog knows the dogs name it makes it easier for them to keep your dog.

But I will comment about you putting the dogs name on the collar. It's recommended that you don't put the dogs name on the collar, instead put your name and phone number on the collar. The thinking is that if the person that finds your dog knows the dogs name it makes it easier for them to keep your dog.

Very true. My flat collars have a brass plate that states "Reward for return" followed by 2 phone numbers and a city/state. Only had one person call. They didn't want a reward.

E-Collars

Used dogtra for 15 years, I run 2 Brittanys and use the model 2502. Try collar clinic in MI you can trade ur old one in or purchase a reconditioned one for a little less cost. Good people and good service.

I also have run the Dogtra 2502 for several years and not had one problem. Great collars. Only problem I'm having with the beeper is that as I'm getting older I can't hear as well and it's getting more difficult to hear the beep. Not the collar's fault. Might have to get a GPS collar.

I have a Tritronic that probable more than 10 years old but it still works but its getting hard to cut it on and off

I have a couple of Britts. People don't care what the name is; they just want me to come get the little pain in the ass that showed up on there place :thumbsup:

I have a Tri-Tronics Sport G3 (I'm 80% sure that's the model name). Just tried looking it up and it looks like they no longer make it. It looks the Tri-Tronics Sport Pro is now the comparable new model to it. Anyways, I bought in the Fall of 2012 and have used it A LOT since then and have had zero problems with it. Works reliably every time, the batteries hold a good charge. If I had to buy one over, I would buy the exact same thing.

As always, remember to train your dogs to the collar. Don't just zap them to zap them and assume that they know what it means. Teach them how to turn off the zap. Put the collar on a very low setting, and hit it continuous, then give the command to the dog. Once the dog does the command, then release the button. Thus, the dog learns how to turn off the negative pressure that they are feeling. Anyways, there's much more to it than this. Enough that an entire book or DVD series could be made on it, much more than a forum post.

I have a tone (beep) on my collar. And I have really enjoyed that function. I used to use a whistle to communicate to my dog in the field, 1 whistle meaning stop and sit, 3 whistles meaning come. Since I am public land hunter, I always want to be more quiet and hate talking/whistling to my dog in the field. We've now got it down to where I can use the tone on the collar to mean the same as the whistle, and now we are one quiet duo in the field.

Very happy with Dogtra: vibrate, nick, and steady with variable power knob.

Back