need 20 gauge recomendations

EEK

i am shooting a AL391 12 gauge now and am really wanting a short light 20 gauge for some reason, having no exsperiance with a O/U i cant make a informed decision but the Browning Cynergy fits me really well. Anyway i need something lefty friendly as i like to be able to switch the safety around like i did on the Beretta, and my boy can use it when he outgrows the youth 870 he has now. Really wanting an auto or O/U.

EEK, I have a 391 in 20 popper and it is light and awesome. I also have a Berretta 686 silver pigeon that is 20-28 combo, which is sweet also. One set of 20 barrels and forearm and one set of 28 barrels and forearm. Get what fits you and what you can afford and put some miles on it!!! You will love it.:thumbsup:

EEK, I have a 391 in 20 popper and it is light and awesome. I also have a Berretta 686 silver pigeon that is 20-28 combo, which is sweet also. One set of 20 barrels and forearm and one set of 28 barrels and forearm. Get what fits you and what you can afford and put some miles on it!!! You will love it.:thumbsup:

I shoot a Weatherby Orion field grade and like it really well. I could use another pound lighter, but at 7 pounds it's reasonable. If I didn't have shoulder and neck injuries, it would probably be fine. You might look at the Benelli Montefeltro and superlights (semi auto). At 5.5 and 5.4 pounds, it'll carry like a toy. Make sure they swing for you before you buy one though.

I shoot the Benelli M1 in a 20 and recommend the Montefeltro over the UltraLight. That extra 1/2 pound just seems to swing better for me.

Another Benelli M1 20 gauge guy here. I shoot roosters, mallards and honkers with that gun. Light weight, but not too light. Carries and points incredibly. Great all around gun. My Benelli M1 12 is collecting dust!

I would check into CDNN sports. They are on the Internet but I don't have a link for them. They are selling Browning's O/U's really cheap. Yes they have some of the guns you are looking for listed. I got a Italian Fausti Traditions from them a short while ago. Man the quality of the gun is outstanding and I'm tempted to go for 2........Bob

Another vote for the Benelli Montefeltro. I have a 12 and a 20 and the small bore version is a SWEET gun. I originally bought it to help a friend out that was needing the money and used my then 4 year old daughter as the "reason" to justify it as it could be hers when she got old enough. I find it coming out of the safe more and more and the 12 less and less. It is a joy to carry all day and just plan fun to shoot! Have fun in your search.

Matt D

Thanks for all the imput guys, does anyone know if the safetys are reversable? i havent run into the montrefeltro but the ultralights are really apealing to me, Sportsmans here is down to one cynergy, one Citori and one Teknys, all 20s and all right at 1k wich seems to be a good deal for Idaho, unless someone here want to part with theirs,LOL

I can't answer your question about the safety's on the Montefeltro. Forgot that was one of your requirements. The 3 guns you listed are all great choices. Find the one that fits you best and go for it.

Matt D

Thanks for all the imput guys, does anyone know if the safetys are reversable? i havent run into the montrefeltro but the ultralights are really apealing to me, Sportsmans here is down to one cynergy, one Citori and one Teknys, all 20s and all right at 1k wich seems to be a good deal for Idaho, unless someone here want to part with theirs,LOL

You can't go wrong with the Browning and the safety is ambidextrous.

Browning Cynergy Feather 20ga with 26" barrels

4lbs 12oz's. I WILL HAVE ONE OF THESE BY NEXT SEASON

Back